What's new

how can u tell if its factory unlocked(iphone4)

kode

Reaction score
how can u tell if its factory unlocked(iphone4) ware can i look in the phone to tell if it is

i bought this i phone an the guy said it is factory unlocked , but it wasnt jailbrock so they/he jailbrock it so it would be fully unlocked ,,it has cydia ,, an when u open cydia it has ultrasn0w , dev team , an it is 4.1 (8b117) ,,
so is the ultrasn0w just used in the jail breaking or was it use to unlock it , just tryin to make sure what has been done ,i asked but u know how it gose u never get the whole story,,

i bought this i phone an the guy said it is factory unlocked , but it wasnt jailbrock so they/he jailbrock it so it would be fully unlocked ,,it has cydia ,, an when u open cydia it has ultrasn0w , dev team , an it is 4.1 (8b117) ,,
so is the ultrasn0w just used in the jail breaking or was it use to unlock it , just tryin to make sure what has been done ,i asked but u know how it gose u never get the whole story,,

Sounds like he sold you a lie. Factory unlocked phones wont have cydia or ultrasn0w......

like i said he said that he installed cydia to jail break it ,, can u explain why i got lied to so i know whats goin on ,,

like i said he said that he installed cydia to jail break it ,, can u explain why i got lied to so i know whats goin on ,,

A "factory unlocked" can be used with any carrier without being jailbroken. One that is unlocked with the jailbreak will have ultrasn0w installed. Meaning you must wait until a new unlock comes out before you upgrade firmware and it will always need to be jailbroken. Usually a locked iPhone4 goes for around $650 and a factory unlocked about $1000....

A "factory unlocked" can be used with any carrier without being jailbroken. One that is unlocked with the jailbreak will have ultrasn0w installed. Meaning you must wait until a new unlock comes out before you upgrade firmware and it will always need to be jailbroken. Usually a locked iPhone4 goes for around $650 and a factory unlocked about $1000....[/QUOT

ok tks for the info i think i understand now ,, so let me ask this ,,lets say it was factory unlocked ,,, so u are sayin that just because he jail brock it to get cydia an all the free apps ,,,that it couldnt have been already unlocked before he jailbrock it,,,do u only jailbreak i phone 4s for the purpose unlockin the sim an the carrier.or do u jailbreak the for cydia an all the fee apps on itunes or both reasons

Both, a factory unlocked model just gives you the freedom of not having to worry about having a unlock tool avalible. You can still jailbreak and use cydia. Just like me I use ATT so i don't need an unlock tool but i still use cydia.

ooooooook so leads me back to , is there any place in the phone that i can check to see if my phone is indeed a factory unlock an not just an unlocked though ultrasn0w ,,an what to look for an where to look ...any help would be very fantastic an helpful tks

ooooooook so leads me back to , is there any place in the phone that i can check to see if my phone is indeed a factory unlock an not just an unlocked though ultrasn0w ,,an what to look for an where to look ...any help would be very fantastic an helpful tks

Only way to tell is when you restore you will see the "congrats you phone has been unlocked" message. If its locked it will just state "your iphone has been activated". So no easy way to check.....

if its factory unlocked you dont use ultrasn0w to unlock it its already unlocked, so if you restore and it locks up then its not factory unlocked, but just by reading ur posts i can tell its locked to a network and the guy lied to you.
the problem with that is if you restore and it is indeed locked then your screwed.