What's new

Hotmail sync problem

Lonestar50

Reaction score
I have a hotmail account and Im wanting to know if I can sync the hotmail to where it acts the same if Im on my iphone or my laptop. If I read or delete emails on my laptop(and vise verse), I want them to show read and /or deleted on my iphone also. Is this possible to do this?
Also, how can i mark numerous spam emails for deletion instead of opening each one on my iphone?
Thanks

yes you can, use mobileME its not free though i think like 60 a year or something but i dont know of a free way to do it,

well is there not option of having to select all together.

As my friend is having the phone and have the option to delete the mails here.

Well which version you have ?

On your iPhone, go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Add Account->Microsoft Exchange
Fill the 4 required fields as follows:
Email: your Hotmail address,
Domain: [ Leave this blank ]
Username: your Hotmail address again
Password: your password for this Hotmail account
Tap "Next"
A new field called "Server" appears. Fill it as follows:
Server: m.hotmail.com
Tap "Next"
Select the Hotmail services you wish to sync ( Mail, Calendar, Contacts )
Tap "Done"

Notes & possible issues

In case of any iPhone Contacts synchronization problems, on your iPhone go to Settings->Safari->Clear Cookies and restart the Contacts application ( if your iPhone supports multi-tasking, make sure you have actually closed the Contacts app )

How do you set up a sympatico account? What do you place for the server? Thanks for the hotmail tip I will try it as soon as my software updates.
Thanks great spot for tips as a newbie I will need them :)
rains4th

Talking about MobileME, there's talk that Apple are releasing a free version (a cut-down version...but FREE none-the-less) when they release iOS 4.2 ;)

They have. It's free for findmyiphone as long as you've got a 4G. Then you can use it on any iPhone or iPod...