What's new

Deleting emails on iphone/ipad and hotmail

14mates14

Reaction score
Is it possible to set up my apple devices and my hotmail account so that when I delete an email on one of them, it gets automatically deleted from the others as well?

Nope. They all connect to the same account, and emails aren't saved onto your iPhone. They're cached, but not saved

Is it possible to set up my apple devices and my hotmail account so that when I delete an email on one of them, it gets automatically deleted from the others as well?
Are your devices connected to Hotmail via Microsoft Exchange? If not, the answer is no, as the previous person stated. Exchange may make that possible, though. Get back on this.

Good Morning,
I don't have any help for the original post but do have a question that goes along with the thread.

How do I delete emails from my iPhone 4s? I get a pop up that themessage will not be moved to the trash. I'm sure I'm just missing a setting somewhere but have been unable to find it. Thanks for the help. Have a great day.

Good Morning,
I don't have any help for the original post but do have a question that goes along with the thread.

How do I delete emails from my iPhone 4s? I get a pop up that themessage will not be moved to the trash. I'm sure I'm just missing a setting somewhere but have been unable to find it. Thanks for the help. Have a great day.

What email server are you using Goatmom?

I use gmail and can press the "edit" button when I am in my inbox. That allows me to press the blank circles in front of each email to delete. It than goes to my trash file. Also, have a look at your settings on iPhone. Go to settings/mail, contacts, calendar. Sometimes email is thrown into the archive folder.

I'm receiving my email from my home email account, pctelcom.coop. Thanks for the tips, I'll give those a try.

Pk, I can use the edit button to pick the emails I want to delete but I still get a popup saying that the messages can not be moved to the trash. I'm not seeing anything I can change under settings. Sorry, I'm a new iPhone user.

Pk, I can use the edit button to pick the emails I want to delete but I still get a popup saying that the messages can not be moved to the trash. I'm not seeing anything I can change under settings. Sorry, I'm a new iPhone user.

You may have to go to your email server online to delete these emails if it is not allowing you to delete on your iPad. Depending on the type of email it is (POP) may be the reason, though I am not certain in your case.

Also, one last check is to go to your mail account and see if you can turn on your archive email. Than try to delete...it may move into your archive folder which will may be your " All mail" file. There, try to delete.