What's new

Hotmail problem on phone

SJHStevo

Reaction score
Im hoping somebody can help me on here. Basically I have my i phone set up to receive emails where ever I am. Just recently I have stopped getting them until I come home and it connects to my home wifi. Then loads appear. Not only that I often get a message that pops up and reads ' cannot verify server identity' hotmail cannot verify identity at Blu-m hotmail.com, would you like to continue. Then gives 3 options ... Cancel, details and continue. I always choose cancel as I don't know what it is. I don't have a clue what (blu-m hotmail) is. That's nothing like my email linked to my account.

If anyone knows what this is and knows how to get rid then please help. I notice the message pops up more when I open my calendar.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried deleting and re-adding the account?

I have an issue with mail too, i can receive emails but my phone crashes and when i check crash reporter it tells me the maildataprovider is the problem. After a few weeks of playing with the phone i think i finally fixed the issue. I had to turn off mail push notifications and my phone hasnt crashed since the 24th.