What's new

home button

i have a similar issue. my home button *sometimes* dont return me to home, but when i double tap it, it brings up all the active programs, but still wont bring me back home. anyone have any ideas?

If I understand, I "think" this is normal. Double tapping to close programs works for you but after the programs are closed, you're still in a page area other than "home" until you slide the screens back to home. Correct? In other words, to get back home, you always have to slide to there eventually. No button presses will do that.

Is this what you mean?

nope i mean lets say im in a program and i want to go home, i press it , nothing happens, but i can double tap it and it brings up the multi task bar, but i cant return home.

Ah then, there is something surely wrong with the home button. Anything that you have already tried to do fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow-up: Sorry BK...., but I'm out of ideas. I know that I have to tap/double-tap with some frustration on my Home button occassionally to get back to where I want to be, but I can't envision your situation. Good luck.

If I understand, I "think" this is normal. Double tapping to close programs works for you but after the programs are closed, you're still in a page area other than "home" until you slide the screens back to home. Correct? In other words, to get back home, you always have to slide to there eventually. No button presses will do that.

Is this what you mean?

nope i mean lets say im in a program and i want to go home, i press it , nothing happens, but i can double tap it and it brings up the multi task bar, but i cant return home.

Ah then, there is something surely wrong with the home button. Anything that you have already tried to do fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont think so though, because when i hit home once, nothing happens, but when i double tap it, it brings up the multitask bar. if there was something wrong with the home buttom, double tapping or single tapping home button shouldnt work right? not one or the other :/

Follow-up: Sorry BK...., but I'm out of ideas. I know that I have to tap/double-tap with some frustration on my Home button occassionally to get back to where I want to be, but I can't envision your situation. Good luck.

np, i mean its not really a big deal. i just press the sleep buttom and wake it up again, or i just keep pressing home for like 5 seconds eventually it will go home lol