What's new

Home Button Response

EWyatt

Reaction score
Double tapping the Home botton on the iPhone results in showing active programs on the bottom of the screen. Question: does anyone here have a problem getting those results on the first try? I normally have to double-tap the Home button several times before I get a decent showing of open programs. Much of the times I get no response or get the keyboard screen.

All in all, I think my situation is normal, but I need to ask. There is no physical problem with my Home button, but perhaps the Home button response may be slowed by some processes running. Comments?

Same here. I don't know what it is for sure. Sometimes I think it's my fault, but other times I don't think so. It sure would be nice if they could figure out an alternative to the home button.

Can't say I've ever noticed a problem bringing up the multitasking bar. I do make it a habit of clearing it once a day. Perhaps I don't have enough open apps to slow it down.

You have the 3GS EWyatt? It may be that you need less running apps than the iPhone 4 to slow it down? If that is what's happening...

I'm having thesame issue with my iPhone. But it's been about 4months now since I haven't use the double press home buttons to reveal the multitask bar. I'm using touch gestures which are much more responsive than trying to show up the multitask bar by having to double push 6times or more the home button before it respond. I came to the conclusion that I'm having a defective home button since the touch gesture bring up immediately the multitask bar unless my touch gesture is not accurate.

Which touch gesture will do this bab? Is this something you've added by jailbreaking, or is it available in an un-jaulbroken phone?

Which touch gesture will do this bab? Is this something you've added by jailbreaking, or is it available in an un-jaulbroken phone?

No no, it's only available for jailbreak iPhone, but on an iPad, you don't need to jailbreak before having it, the one for iPad is 4 fingers gestures to show up the multitask bar, if you jailbreak you iPhone you can also enable it using redsnow and you will be able to activate the multitask bar by 4 fingers gesture. But I'm using another tweak which allow me to use one finger gesture to activate the multitask bar because I will have to use my 2 hands all the time to be able to use the 4 fingers gesture, the phone in 1 hand and the second hand performing the 4 fingers gesture, something I find not really confortable. But 1 finger gesture is extremely great and I only use the home button now only to wake up the device from sleeping mode, nothing more than that.

Well then, I suppose this is a normal issue -- having to double-tap several times to bring up the multi-task bar. Therefore, I won't worry about it! Sometimes I feel I can get a "perfect timing pattern" with the double-tap and the bar comes up the first time. Got to get that part down pat! And no, Gaz....., I've got the iPhone 4, ver 4.1.

Another poo design with apple and the iPhone. Wouldn't you think the bier paid developers would just sit down and think, "ok when normal underpaid citizens use an iPhone and have finished using the app it'll shut down and delete itself from the multitask!" oh no that's far too much hard work for over paid useless w******* they think leaving them in will speed the phone up. No it makes no sodding difference!

Another poo design with apple and the iPhone. Wouldn't you think the bier paid developers would just sit down and think, "ok when normal underpaid citizens use an iPhone and have finished using the app it'll shut down and delete itself from the multitask!" oh no that's far too much hard work for over paid useless w******* they think leaving them in will speed the phone up. No it makes no sodding difference!

Its for running more apps at once, multitasking..... Jheez!!