What's new

Iphone home button appliication

bongpb

Reaction score
I have seen someone has the home button application installed on their iPhone and iPad. Instead of pressing the home button which can get spoilt easily. This home button has the "home button" appears on the screen. U can press the screen for the same function as Home button. May I know how and where can I install this. Thanks !

I have no idea what you are talking about.

There is only one tweak(only available for a jailbroken device) that has an application icon that acts as the home button...and it is 100% pointless.

Are you sure you didnt see the "Activator" icon? Activator is a jailbreak tweak, and it's SpringBoard icon is a home button.

bongpb said:
I have seen someone has the home button application installed on their iPhone and iPad. Instead of pressing the home button which can get spoilt easily. This home button has the "home button" appears on the screen. U can press the screen for the same function as Home button. May I know how and where can I install this. Thanks !

It's called Assistive Touch and it's part of iOS. settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch

It's called Assistive Touch. In settings, intact under general, and accessibility. Scroll down to Assistive touch and turn it on. It's cool if your home button but gets kind of annoying after awhile.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

It's called Assistive Touch. In settings, intact under general, and accessibility. Scroll down to Assistive touch and turn it on. It's cool if your home button but gets kind of annoying after awhile.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone 4

I don't suppose this capability is available for the iPhone 4 with 4.1 iOS software, is it. Probably not, so what's the earliest iOS software that will accommodate Assistive Touch? Thanks...

EWyatt said:
I don't suppose this capability is available for the iPhone 4 with 4.1 iOS software, is it. Probably not, so what's the earliest iOS software that will accommodate Assistive Touch? Thanks...

Ios 5

It is also great on the iPad as well if you have one of those as well. Some of our members on our sister forum use this feature quite a bit because physical impairments and/or because of Home Button issues. Seems to work great for them.

ardchoille said:
It's called Assistive Touch and it's part of iOS. settings > General > Accessibility > Assistive Touch

Thanks Ardchoille. This is what I am looking for. Tried and it works perfectly.

Thanks. This is what I need. Tried and it works perfectly.

bongpb said:
Thanks Ardchoille. This is what I am looking for. Tried and it works perfectly.

You're welcome, glad it works for you. I only knew about it because a friend of mine has an iPhone with a broken home button and she uses this method. She says she's not even going to get it fixed because the assistive touch works so well.

EWyatt said:

Why would u still be on 4.1 if you have an iPhone 4?lol

Why would u still be on 4.1 if you have an iPhone 4?lol

I remember when IOS5 came out he said he was scared that itunes would mess up his phone. Hes been complaining about his home button not working correctly and i told him about the assisstive touch but for some odd reason he wont update his phone to IOS5.