What's new

Hi from West Virginia

roger25186

Reaction score
Just want to say hello. Let me start out saying that I was an iPhone user way back with a 3G then the 4G, then I went over to the darkside by going with a HTC M8 for a while then a Samsung S7 along with the free Gear S2 sport watch, but now I back with an iPhone 7 plus. I had a little bit of trouble adjusting so far, but I'm catching up. I do have a small problem with itunes and adding songs to the phone. It would copy some then stop with an error on my phone, I can re-sync the phone for a few songs at a time though, but it will not sync all of the songs. There is a ghost listing of the song(s) in the library, btw the version number is 12.5.4.42, I am stumped.

Just want to say hello. Let me start out saying that I was an iPhone user way back with a 3G then the 4G, then I went over to the darkside by going with a HTC M8 for a while then a Samsung S7 along with the free Gear S2 sport watch, but now I back with an iPhone 7 plus. I had a little bit of trouble adjusting so far, but I'm catching up. I do have a small problem with itunes and adding songs to the phone. It would copy some then stop with an error on my phone, I can re-sync the phone for a few songs at a time though, but it will not sync all of the songs. There is a ghost listing of the song(s) in the library, btw the version number is 12.5.4.42, I am stumped.
Welcome to iPhone Forums, @roger25186! With our large membership I'm sure someone will be along soon with help for your proble.
As a preliminary, are all your songs in iTunes purchased through iTunes or did you rip some CDs and add songs that way?

I ripped them, but there are songs that are grayed out in a number of albums. I can understand if a whole album was grayed out but not just a single song or two per album.

I got the iTunes problem fixed. After several uninstalls & installs, it started giving me errors that when I plugged my phone in, it said, it was missing several files & couldn't connect. I was so frustrated that I resorted to the last measure of reinstalling windows 10 for a fresh start then installed iTunes. It may of been something simple to fix, it may of been drastic, but a good reinstall of windows fixes a lot of things.

I got the iTunes problem fixed. After several uninstalls & installs, it started giving me errors that when I plugged my phone in, it said, it was missing several files & couldn't connect. I was so frustrated that I resorted to the last measure of reinstalling windows 10 for a fresh start then installed iTunes. It may of been something simple to fix, it may of been drastic, but a good reinstall of windows fixes a lot of things.
I'm glad you solved your problem. Sometimes solutions can be found in unexpected places.

I ripped them, but there are songs that are grayed out in a number of albums. I can understand if a whole album was grayed out but not just a single song or two per album.

For CDs I own and ripped I would get the grayed out for any that hadn't transferred to my phone yet