What's new

Help with syncing with new computer.

Hollywood

Reaction score
I have a jailbroke ip4 and iPad 2 both running 4.3.3 and they are synced to my netbook. I purchased a iMac and now want to sync them to it. I know I can transfer all my apps off them and I've put my music and movies bit it's saying that they have to be erased and re synced. Will this delete my 4.3.3 and my jailbreak? If so how do I by pass this.

No, it does not effect your jailbreak or your firmware whatsoever. It just erases all the content on the phone and then resyncs. This is to prevent users from being able to sync to multiple iTunes libraries(effectively being able to sync music/apps/etc from their friends libraries). First connect your phone and under file select "transfer purchases from iPhone/iPad" this will transfer your apps and purchased music to your new iTunes library. Then erase and sync :)

Jmills87 said:
No, it does not effect your jailbreak or your firmware whatsoever. It just erases all the content on the phone and then resyncs. This is to prevent users from being able to sync to multiple iTunes libraries(effectively being able to sync music/apps/etc from their friends libraries). First connect your phone and under file select "transfer purchases from iPhone/iPad" this will transfer your apps and purchased music to your new iTunes library. Then erase and sync :)

Plus one.