What's new

HELP!! Ultrasn0w 1.2.8 doesn't work on iOS 6.1 iPhone 3GS

palevedem

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My iPhone 3GS kept turning on and off by itself so I had to restore it to iOS 6.1. I jailbroke it and installed Ultrasn0w fixer and Ultrasn0w but it didn't unlock my phone.

Then I found it that I was on BB 06.15.00 so I downgraded my firmware to iOS 4.1 and downgraded BB to 05.13.04. At that point ultrasn0w was working fine and unlocked my phone.

Then I restored my phone onto iOS 6.1 in redsn0w and jailbroke it. Once again I installed ultrasn0w fixer and ultrasn0w in Cydia but my iPhone is still not unlocked.

I disabled 3G and restarted my phone several times. I run out of ideas now.
Can anyone please help me?

Hi everyone,

My iPhone 3GS kept turning on and off by itself so I had to restore it to iOS 6.1. I jailbroke it and installed Ultrasn0w fixer and Ultrasn0w but it didn't unlock my phone.

Then I found it that I was on BB 06.15.00 so I downgraded my firmware to iOS 4.1 and downgraded BB to 05.13.04. At that point ultrasn0w was working fine and unlocked my phone.

Then I restored my phone onto iOS 6.1 in redsn0w and jailbroke it. Once again I installed ultrasn0w fixer and ultrasn0w in Cydia but my iPhone is still not unlocked.

I disabled 3G and restarted my phone several times. I run out of ideas now.
Can anyone please help me?

Jailbreaking doesn't unlock your phone. You would need to get the original carrier to unlock it for you or use a third party unlocking service, such as that offered by Applenberry.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Did you restore a custom iOS6 firmware to preserve the baseband? If not you will have to install the iPad baseband again and then downgrade to 05.13.04 again.

Yeah I restored a custom iOS 6.1 firmware with no_BB. I just checked and still got the 05.13.04 baseband

And I know that jailbreaking doesn't automatically unlocks my, that's why I used ultrasn0w which worked perfectly before...

Try installing the iPad baseband again and see if you get service. If you do, then downgrade back to 05.13.04 and see if it works then.