What's new

hello

stevebent

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering the iPhone (despite the cost!), and will be defecting from Windows phones after many years.

• I am struggling a little with the potential issues with sync'ing Outlook Contacts & Calendar.This is a major concern/consideration for me. Any thoughts welcome!

• In terms of using this site, I don't seem to be able to search for topics easily before posting - probably missing something - again help welcomed!
Cheers!

I have read a article regarding potential issues with sync'ing Outlook Contacts & Calendar.I am sending ypu the link of this article......just go for :

support.apple.com

any smart phone costs as high as the iphone, its well worth the money :) a few minor things that could be better but the iphone is always improving and with every firmware update also

any smart phone costs as high as the iphone, its well worth the money :) a few minor things that could be better but the iphone is always improving and with every firmware update also

Thanks Paliometoxo - appreciate the gentle push!

I know that in many cases this is indeed true, but not in mine. Without boring you with the details, the same services I get on Orange (UK) with an iPhone is going to cost £490 more over the 18 month contract than it would with the Desire HD, or I suspect with the next HTC Win7 phone.

If that wasn't the case, this would be an easy choice! ;-)

I think the large amount of audio docks is going to make me go Apple anyway though....

Thanks again!

I have read a article regarding potential issues with sync'ing Outlook Contacts & Calendar.I am sending ypu the link of this article......just go for :

support.apple.com

Thanks Liza. WOuld be great to read that articlehowever that link was just a generic link. Let me know if you can post it again.

Thanks!

Thanks Paliometoxo - appreciate the gentle push!

I know that in many cases this is indeed true, but not in mine. Without boring you with the details, the same services I get on Orange (UK) with an iPhone is going to cost £490 more over the 18 month contract than it would with the Desire HD, or I suspect with the next HTC Win7 phone.

If that wasn't the case, this would be an easy choice! ;-)

I think the large amount of audio docks is going to make me go Apple anyway though....

Thanks again!

wow that is a large difference, but i think in the uk o2 have better deals then a carrier like orange? or even voadfone

All, I can tell you that I recently upgraded from a 3GS to my iPhone4 and I immediately began having trouble syncing with the Exchange on my company Server. The Contacts, Calendar events, and Email (via MSOutlook) became a nightmare. My iPhone is an extension of my work desktop and I rely heavily on it for much more than just texting and cool apps, and this "bug" was a huge problem! Interestingly, the problem was not initially acknowledges by Apple, and their Support Center suggested a myriad of workarounds, none of which were suitable nor successful. After hours, and I mean literally HOURS, of reading blogs and threads similar to this, I learned that the problem was purely an Apple OS issue and that their Techs were discreetly and diligently working on a fix that would be in the 4.02 OS upgrade due to be released in November. Frustrating!
Bottom line, if you have concerns about MS Exchange Sync issues with your iPhone4, they are founded.....but soon to be resolved (hopefully!)
Alan