What's new

Hello y'all from Virginia

Techie_Mom

Reaction score
Well, never thought I'd have an iPhone, wasn't sure I enjoyed using our iPod; but I was at my wits end with my Droid and wasn't due an update till end of October.

I found a iPhone 4 at a local flea market Saturday and it was in GREAT condition. Clean, good screen, no scratches, in a case, and with a protective screen cover. The lady said it was only 4 mos old, and by the information I gave my local Verizon Rep, he said it was likely a 4S. But that isn't the case and it seems by some of the information left on the phone, it's a year old.

Okay, so none of that really matters to me. I'm a stickler about my phones appearence, I take GREAT care with them and this one is really really clean. So, I'm good with all that prior information. LOL I've had checked out by my Verizon, so it's not stolen or lost, it's attactivated now and I've been working on getting my necessary apps on it. I did hate that I lost most of the 700+ songs that were on the phone when I sync'd it with my laptop/itunes program. I was also bummed to find out 2 apps I used almost every day on my Droid and had purchased, weren't transferrable. oh well *shrugs*

I've got friends on both sides, Droids & iPhones, and I admit I'm missing my Droid already. I'm hoping to learn to use my new/used iPhone and get the most out of it. My current concern is Navigation. I don't know if there is an app out there or if I can download Google Maps, etc to use.

I'm also working to upload my music library of 80s, 90s, and current CDs to either this iphone or my ipod.

Thanks for letting me run on for a bit. I look forward to learning more about my phone.

Kerri

Well, never thought I'd have an iPhone, wasn't sure I enjoyed using our iPod; but I was at my wits end with my Droid and wasn't due an update till end of October.

I found a iPhone 4 at a local flea market Saturday and it was in GREAT condition. Clean, good screen, no scratches, in a case, and with a protective screen cover. The lady said it was only 4 mos old, and by the information I gave my local Verizon Rep, he said it was likely a 4S. But that isn't the case and it seems by some of the information left on the phone, it's a year old.

Okay, so none of that really matters to me. I'm a stickler about my phones appearence, I take GREAT care with them and this one is really really clean. So, I'm good with all that prior information. LOL I've had checked out by my Verizon, so it's not stolen or lost, it's attactivated now and I've been working on getting my necessary apps on it. I did hate that I lost most of the 700+ songs that were on the phone when I sync'd it with my laptop/itunes program. I was also bummed to find out 2 apps I used almost every day on my Droid and had purchased, weren't transferrable. oh well *shrugs*

I've got friends on both sides, Droids & iPhones, and I admit I'm missing my Droid already. I'm hoping to learn to use my new/used iPhone and get the most out of it. My current concern is Navigation. I don't know if there is an app out there or if I can download Google Maps, etc to use.

I'm also working to upload my music library of 80s, 90s, and current CDs to either this iphone or my ipod.

Thanks for letting me run on for a bit. I look forward to learning more about my phone.

Kerri
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Hey, welcome. If you are concerned with navigation, don't be :p there is a whole category on the app store just for navigation. Also, the iPhone's native map app uses google maps.