What's new

Hello from sunny FLA

bckeefe2004

Reaction score
Came here bc i messed up my 4g. Received a reply to my thread w/in Marilina and fired up a new 3gs i never got around to opening after letting it sit around for 3 weeks due to the 4g. I have to say im loving this 3gs even better than the 4g(call me crazy) but Im a simple guy anyway.

Planned on get answers and heading out but this place is addictive and i feel like Johnny #5 from the movie Short Circuit. I have learned so much since joining up 12 hrs ago. I jail-broke my 4.0 ios and my pride and joy 01.59 baseband on the 4 via jailbreakme and ultrasn0w and apparently the tutorial on a very respected site left out a very important step which caused me to hit the reboot button prematurely which ultimately caused a freeze on startup and logo wouldn't move.

I was told time to restore so accepted that, made a custom ipsw from redsn0w and was able to restore to 5.0.1 and preserve my band. Yesterday I wound have never even thought about trying this never-mind know what a custom ipsw was. So my phone and half my life is gone but its my fault for not having a backup and for trusting a technique used to JB and unlock and not looking into it.

Im not new to backups either as my 2TB hd (all music)has a backup and the backup has a backup. I just wish i had done that for my 4. Alas hindsight is 20/20 but i feel like i have been blind the last 3 years as an owner of iphones bc i have learned tricks, terms. Techniques, and 10 other stuff in 12 vs 3 years and I thank this site for that.

With that said i still haven't figured out a way to move forward (a right arrow) without the mag glass thingy but can tell you how to take a non-app and throw it on the springboard(new term learned today..lol), and other trivial stuff thAt makes this incredible device more incredible. Well im off to confidently perform a JB this on this thing.

Signed a noobert and grateful low man on the totem pole,

Johnny #5 :::need input:::

Ps to show my gratefulness anyone wanting me to transfer all my music(rush,phish(all circulated shows, releases, studio), Grateful Dead(all circulated shows, releases, studio),Tom Petty(all albums), Pink Floyd(all albums),Zep,Talking Heads,the Who,Allmans,SCI,WSP,Strangefolk, and 1000's and 1000's of tonage funk, blues,jazz,rock,jam bands,etcetc. You name it I have it all in mp3 320kbps V0 and All crispy as most came from lossless(flac). Do 50gigs or 500gigs. First 2 to PM gets. Oh yeah you supply the hd. Turnaround time is 7 days tops. Anyway i feel like only after 12 hrs I owe any randoms for what has eluded me for years.....

you never did a itunes sync in all that time? because itunes automatically backs up your device

Yes i did a backup that night prior to the break. And another back up who did the apple. Im a diehard monkey-media supporter and tbh i wouldn't support apple if I couldn't jailbreak the phones. Without getting into lets just say when me its 8 gigs and i open it and it 5.9gb. Im into the market and also weather so the subpar almost shitty stock and weather aps that come preloaded are fine ut when its "like take it or leave it" or a "tough" attitude or MO if you will kinda grinds my gears.

Now i have w to go buy a weather app and another stock App. So now i have 2 stocks and 2 weathers and i paid for them taboot which one would think apple would allow me to customize. Just when you think its dine you find out there is a compass on the phone i cant delete. So i have a gps, location services, and a map but a compass really?

The sad thing is if i ever get lost it'll be deep in the mtns where i want have service which makes having a compass a moot point. The funniest was bc i called about the battery drain and got all these things to do to my phone which soon enough he wound lose.phone would have basically turned into an att "go" phone...lol. So yes i backed up but couldnt get the backup bc the phone froze up which in turn forced me to shake it up and the jarring worked you know cause it reverted back to old school wYs of getting an iPhone ...plug it in to iTunes and go.school towels cerise is left.

LOL you do need to backup once a week or so, cant go too long without, because if something were to happen, then what would you do?
(I say this as a backup freak haha especially with my contacts!)

And LOL in regards to Short Circuit!