What's new

Health App disaster.....

Macette1

Reaction score
Hi everyone wanted to know has anyone lost all there activity data since the new update....Health app is Hanging with spinning thing. Activity app is empty, HeartWatch app has no data. This happened to me yesterday. I have tried all the normal repairs, turning off and on and rebooting, toggling switches and nothing has helped. Turned phone off overnight hoping for a miracle but no joy still no data and still spinning. The Apple watch is working it still has yesterdays activity data but the phone app is showing no data recorded for yesterday. I suppose I will sit and wait for a fix if there is one...:-(

Hi everyone wanted to know has anyone lost all there activity data since the new update....Health app is Hanging with spinning thing. Activity app is empty, HeartWatch app has no data. This happened to me yesterday. I have tried all the normal repairs, turning off and on and rebooting, toggling switches and nothing has helped. Turned phone off overnight hoping for a miracle but no joy still no data and still spinning. The Apple watch is working it still has yesterdays activity data but the phone app is showing no data recorded for yesterday. I suppose I will sit and wait for a fix if there is one...:-(
Give Apple a ring, You have free phone support, Maybe they can help.

Have you checked to make sure that the Apple watchis connecting to your iPhone? Have you tried unoairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch?
If your activity and health data have disappeared, the only way to get it back is if you have a recent encrypted backup of your iphone.

Have you checked to make sure that the Apple watchis connecting to your iPhone? Have you tried unoairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch?
If your activity and health data have disappeared, the only way to get it back is if you have a recent encrypted backup of your iphone.

Yes phone is still connected. Have not unpaired because watch is still tracking steps and workouts used it this morning. It is the strangest thing. It seems to be the phone app hanging and it's apples own app so was hoping apple may put a fix out. I presume the info is still there it's just not loading. Isnt health app the one that feeds activity and heartwatch so when that one is working the other 2 will get the info to. So don't really want to unpair yet. I have seen on facebook watch page other people are suffering so really hoping for a magic fix. This is all since last phone update. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the activity app that feeds data to the Health app .
When you unpair an Apple Watch a backup is created that will include all the activity data recorded by the watch in the past day, provided your backup is encrypted. Activity data older than one day is stored only in the activity app on the iPhone, not on the Apple Watch.

Ohhhhh noooo. The activity app is not hanging it looks like it's never been used. All data awards everything empty. Really [emoji24] now.

Ohhhhh noooo. The activity app is not hanging it looks like it's never been used. All data awards everything empty. Really [emoji24] now.

Do you have an encrypted backup? If so, you could restore your iPhone from the backup and get that data back. You would, however, lose any data accumulated after the time the backup was made.

Yes a cloud backup was done this morning on the phone...should I try an unpair first then a restore if nothing changes....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes a cloud backup was done this morning on the phone...should I try an unpair first then a restore if nothing changes....

Unpair the Apple Watch, then restore the iPhone. After the iPhone is restored, pair the Apple Watch and select the latest Watch backup to use in setting up the Apple Watch.

Do you have any encrypted backups of your iPhone from before the problems started? You may have to use one if the later backups reproduce the problems after restoring the iPhone.

I had some problems with my iPhone last summer and lost 4 1/2 months of activity data from my Apple Watch because I didn't have a proper backup.

Unpair the Apple Watch, then restore the iPhone. After the iPhone is restored, pair the Apple Watch and select the latest Watch backup to use in setting up the Apple Watch.

Do you have any encrypted backups of your iPhone from before the problems started? You may have to use one if the later backups reproduce the problems after restoring the iPhone.

I had some problems with my iPhone last summer and lost 4 1/2 months of activity data from my Apple Watch because I didn't have a proper backup.

So the last backup might be corrupted ... it might be easier to start again. I have only had the watch a couple of months. If I wanted to start activity etc again should I uninstall the hanging health app and reinstall it...

The Health app is one of the apps that can't be removed from the iPhone. So that's not possible.

The Health app is one of the apps that can't be removed from the iPhone. So that's not possible.

So how did you start again J. A...???

Exactly like scifan57 described it before. I unpaired my Apple Watch when this happened to me, and restored the iPhone, losing activity and health data during that procedure. No idea how much I've lost, though.

When I notice now that something's not syncing, I make sure I have a recent backup. I don't want this to happen to me again.

Exactly like scifan57 described it before. I unpaired my Apple Watch when this happened to me, and restored the iPhone, losing activity and health data during that procedure. No idea how much I've lost, though.

When I notice now that something's not syncing, I make sure I have a recent backup. I don't want this to happen to me again.

Ohhhhh was worried restore might bring the bug back. I thought restore will use the last backup which was this morning...or do you get a choice of dates...then I wouldn't get stuff I have done on the phone since if I can pick an earlier backup....well I'm really confused now. Could I try deleting apples app they say they are not really deleted but might stop the spinning thing....

Ohhhh no x appearing on activity or health. See what you mean. Will have to bite the bullet tomorrow. [emoji27]