What's new

has anyone successfully jailbroken verizon iphone running 4.2.10?

80sbabies

Reaction score
if so can u help with mine...ive done everything and i get its done but when i download apps and have to reboot, the red sn0wboot method doesnt work..

if so can u help with mine...ive done everything and i get its done but when i download apps and have to reboot, the red sn0wboot method doesnt work..

you have successfully completed a tethered jailbreak and learned exactly what tethered is. try to downgrade

p.s if you're confused,everytime you reboot on a tethered device you have to plug the device up

once i download what do i use to downgrade? itunes?

i used it and it wont let me downgrade. i get error message 3194. and i also changed the host file like it told me but no luck

80sbabies said:
i used it and it wont let me downgrade. i get error message 3194. and i also changed the host file like it told me but no luck

Are you sure you followed the directions carefully? This method has worked for other people.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Downgrade till there is an untethered.
Tethered jailbreaks suck and from what I gather the only reason for the new updates was to block PDF exploit. If tunes doesnt let you j found renaming the file to the current version worked

yes..i downloaded firmware.
went into hostfile and edited it
rebooted cpu
put iphone into dfu
shift retore
then i get the error

i tried 5 times but ill keep trying :(
idk what else to do

80sbabies said:
yes..i downloaded firmware.
went into hostfile and edited it
rebooted cpu
put iphone into dfu
shift retore
then i get the error

i tried 5 times but ill keep trying :(
idk what else to do

Hm. I'll look around more to see if I can find a fix to your problem while you keep trying!

it wont let me edit the hostfile..i tried using one downloede from another method an i believ thats why it didnt work

80sbabies said:
it wont let me edit the hostfile..i tried using one downloede from another method an i believ thats why it didnt work

Which method are you using to change the hostfile?