What's new

Jailbreaking 4.2.10 on Verizon iPhone 4 PROBLEM!

xlogan31x

Reaction score
Okay I have successfully jailbroken my iPhone. It's the 16gb white one from Verizon. I updated it to 4.2.10 before realizing that I wanted to jailbreak it.

The problem I constantly get, for any app I try and download on Cydia is that when I go to restart the phone after the app is downloaded I get stuck on the Pineapple logo. I restart the phone tethered using Redsnow, the most updated version. But everytime I reboot it, I get stuck on that screen.

I tried seeing if I did the jailbreak wrong, so I just restarted the phone without any downloads installed and tethered and it was fine.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Completely lost and sort of new at this.

Thanks.

Is there any way to downgrade to be able to jailbreak?

I have been getting the same thing. I downloaded cydia but once i try to download an application it ask my phone to reboot device and then i get stuck on the apple logo.

Hey guys I have a question when I first got my iphone4 from verizon i was on version 4.2.8 and used snowbreeze to jailbreak. the program created a snowbreeze Iphone 4 -4.28 ipsw on my desk top. Unforunatly a few days after my itunes updated me to 4.2.10 , My question is does the snowbreeze 4-4.2.8 that was created before have my ssh blobs in it? if so how can I get them? or can i used it to downgrade back to that firmware?

No, the custom firmware would not have the SHSHs in it. However, if you opened Cydia while your phone was jailbroken, it is possible that it saved your 4.2.8 SHSH automatically. Download TinyUmbrella to check.

ok i downloaded tiny umbrella , how do I check to see if cydia has it? also Im on 4.2.10 how do i get cydia to see if it has my 4.2.8 ?

Last edited:
You don't, you use tinyumbrella. Go to the advanced tab make sure "request shsh from Cydia" is checked then higlight your device in the left pane and click "save shsh"

hey I found out that tiny does have my 4.2.8 ssh blobs but i must be doing somthing wrong is there a step by step tutorial?

hey for some reason itunes keeps freezing hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllppp

I am jailbroken on Verizon 4.2.8 and for some reason my video cam has stopped working! Camera works well it's just the video. So I was going to reinstall factory settings and rejailbreak but iTunes won't reinstall settings unless I upgrade to 4.2.10. How do I perform a fresh jailbreak without upgrading to 4.2.10? I could not stand to have a REGULAR iPhone as I have always been jailbroken the entire time I have had my iPhone, since day 1 Verizon came out!!

Thanks so much. I'm off today so want to work on this on this rainy day at home!!

MrsStratyRN

I did read how to downgrade, but will SHSH save my corrupted jailbreak NOW?? Everything is working beautifully EXCEPT for taking video, I can play video watch movies, etc just not take a new video and this is a must as I have a 6 month old baby girl who is always doing something new!!!

Thanks!

MrsStratyRN