What's new

gs.apple.com is dead?

gray_mouse

Reaction score
I can't figure out what's going on. First I thought it was a problem on my end but then I went and found online ping tool and gs.apple.com appears to be dead. Can anyone confirm?

hosts file is clean, no firewall, I even get same same results when pinging from router's diagnostic panel

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
(c) Корпорация Майкрософт (Microsoft Corp.), 2009. Все права защищены.

C:\Users\Alex>ping gs.apple.com

Обмен пакетами с gs.apple.com.akadns.net [17.171.36.30] с 32 байтами данных:
Превышен интервал ожидания для запроса.

Статистика Ping для 17.171.36.30:
Пакетов: отправлено = 4, получено = 0, потеряно = 4
(100% потерь)

C:\Users\Alex>

How to go around this? Because when upgrading iOS I get error 1394. Using tinyumbrella does not help (gives me error 11). How to go around this? I was thinking using Onion network. Please help.

I can't figure out what's going on. First I thought it was a problem on my end but then I went and found online ping tool and gs.apple.com appears to be dead. Can anyone confirm?

Huh?? what is gs.apple.com? I'm thinking that many users here don't understand what you're specific issue is.

Gs.apple has always been a dead ping. From what my guys in the other IT division are saying, it's only active when you try to pull a signature

Ok, but why am I getting iTunes error 1394 whenever I try to upgrade my iPhone 4 to iOS 6? (yes I checked my hosts file and there is no redirect to cydia)

Hi willerz2. There used to be, but I got rid of it long ago. Presently there are only these files

hosts
lmhosts.sam
networks
protocol
services

and yes I have checked them all to see references to gs.apple.com, none found.