What's new

Greenpois0n Countdown Timer & Cydia Icon To Ease The Wait

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfuZFv24NRM[/ame]​

To find the Cydia icon, search Greenpois0n HD Cydia Icon in Cydia, then activate with Winterboard.

For the countdown timer, just follow the link below in your browser.

Greenpois0n Countdown Timer:
Greenpois0n Countdown

lol i doubt it will be released exactly on time i bet there is a few hours delay at least

They definitely won't be cramming or cutting corners testing to make it release-worthy just to make that arbitrary date/time. That's what the last few weeks have been for, while 50% of the jailbreaking world have been spewing childish insults on their (dev team's) blog and elsewhere while demanding jailbreak NAOW. And if they are anywhere near as accomplished hackers/programmers as they seem to be, they have already been through extensive testing to make sure the released program will cause as few problems as possible but also be on point to fix any issues that do arise.

That being said, I'm probably going to wait a few days before attempting the JB to watch the process for bugs that appear and maybe see some fixes. Also to get an ETA on an unlock.

They definitely won't be cramming or cutting corners testing to make it release-worthy just to make that arbitrary date/time. That's what the last few weeks have been for, while 50% of the jailbreaking world have been spewing childish insults on their (dev team's) blog and elsewhere while demanding jailbreak NAOW. And if they are anywhere near as accomplished hackers/programmers as they seem to be, they have already been through extensive testing to make sure the released program will cause as few problems as possible but also be on point to fix any issues that do arise.

That being said, I'm probably going to wait a few days before attempting the JB to watch the process for bugs that appear and maybe see some fixes. Also to get an ETA on an unlock.

well said, they probably have done tests all night long for many nights. and no matter how much testing they do i bet there will be a few bugs. wait a few days see what people make of it

I hope not everyone reads that. Some people need to get the problems for them to know what to fix! And so that I don't get them. :p

yah i will be doing this as well... the only reason i need the jb is for the unlock... so i wont rush into the JB untill i get the unlock release.... HOLD YOUR HORSES everyone hehehehe
btw do you if they're working on the unlock for 02.10.04 yet???

I hope not everyone reads that. Some people need to get the problems for them to know what to fix! And so that I don't get them. :p

i necer had any problems even dling jailbreak solutions as soon as released while tones of others had loads

gabr: According to some blog post I read from a week or two ago, Chronic Dev Team was not working on the unlock at the same time as the jailbreak (BUMMER). I'm in the same boat as you, have the 2.10.04 modem firmware and I need the damn unlock.

However, in terms of the timeline for the devs, the jailbreak is the most important, as it allows them (and you) access to the inner workings (read: baseband) of the phone. From all the research I've done, it seems the demand for the unlock for this baseband and the 5.xx one I saw is pretty high, so hopefully it's next on their to-do list. This is looking good because greenpois0n is capable of jailbreaking all of the iDevices out right now so they won't have to spend as much, if any, time on jailbreaks until they release new hardware that GP is ineffective to jailbreak.

Hopefully it comes quick.

/crossesfingers