What's new

Google maps notification on iPhone?

SLMcc

Reaction score
Hi all. I hope someone can help me here...

The other day I posted a question on Google about a local business. When I get answers, I get a notification on my Samsung (Android) phone through Google maps. I don't get any notification on my iPhone 7 and I would like to get the same notification on it. Is that possible or is it a limitation of the iPhone?

Thanks!

Do you have the Google Maps app installed on your iPhone? If you do, you can check whether Notifications are switched on by going to Settings > Notifications > Google Maps and select Allow Notifications.

Hi Jezzer. Yes, I have the app on my iPhone. I've been through the notification settings a few times and it's set to allow notifications. Maybe Google doesn't push answer notification to the iOS app? Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate it!

Google has been known to withhold features from the iOS versions of its apps. Maybe that might explain what's happening.

OK I was trying to figure out the OP question. Are you saying that you don't get directions via Google maps on your iPhone 7 or random traveling times? When I had my 7 Plus I got notifications and still do with my Xs Max. It starts with your iPhone settings...
IMG_0368.jpg

I'll see if I can get a couple pics of exactly what I'm talking about Spencer. It is rather difficult to explain exactly if it isn't something you've used.

And thanks zstairelessone. I have mine set like that. I appreciate the screenshot