What's new

Google Maps and You Tube apps removed from iOS 6 - replacement apps ?

Shozrat

Reaction score
I want to upgrade my iPhone 4s to iOS 6 but I am not happy about losing the Google Maps and YouTube apps.

Is it possible to download these apps from the app store ?

I searched for it but couldnt find it

Is there any other way to get Google Maps and YouTube on iPhone iOS 6 ?

YouTube yes maps no, but the new map program is cool

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

The new Maps app is very similar to the one from Google, but it now has turn by turn voice navigation and real time traffic data.

Already testing it out with a 275 mile round trip tow to Indianapolis from Fort Wayne, IN. So far it has been smooth and it highlighted two parts of my drive where I have always hit heavy traffic and today is no exception. Thus far I am happy with it.

Of you use maps a lot then don't update. Apple maps is terrible unless you live in a big city like London or New York. YouTube has an app

And if you insist on using Google maps, just go to maps.google.com and when you open it, you will get a pop up asking if you want to install...just follow the instructions and you will get a shortcut added to your homescreen. I have it now just in case.

Yes you can use the web version of Maps and Youtube and make a shortcut on your home screen.

The shortcut google map doesn't offer saved locations. Not that I can tell anyway...maybe I just can't figure it out...