What's new

Maps or Google Maps for Navigation?

Chuck1906

Reaction score
Today I needed to use the navigation on my iPhone 4S and was having issues getting it to do what I wanted. First I pulled up Google Maps (I used to use all the time when I was an Android user) and for some reason it wouldn't show me the (Follow me map). It gave me the directions like Mapquest does (without a map). Then I tried Maps that came with the iPhone and put in the address and I couldn't get it to update on its own meaning, I had to keep scrolling the screen to see where I was on the map.

Should I consider using another kind app for navigation? If so, what should I try?

Chuck1906 said:
Today I needed to use the navigation on my iPhone 4S and was having issues getting it to do what I wanted. First I pulled up Google Maps (I used to use all the time when I was an Android user) and for some reason it wouldn't show me the (Follow me map). It gave me the directions like Mapquest does (without a map). Then I tried Maps that came with the iPhone and put in the address and I couldn't get it to update on its own meaning, I had to keep scrolling the screen to see where I was on the map.

Should I consider using another kind app for navigation? If so, what should I try?

The maps app only displays a blue dot and thats only when you have locations enabled. I would suggest Waze it's better than both of those.

I use waze it's great can have some errors on the map but is easily repaired by the user. Recommended.