What's new

Good GPS APP?

DJC

Reaction score
Hello,

Just purchased the iPhone 4 and would like to get a quality GPS app that relies on stored data as opposed to the internet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Waze hands down. It's free, voice activated and consistent.

Halbee51 said:
Waze hands down. It's free, voice activated and consistent.

Waze is a great app and I use it myself, but the OP wants a gps app that'll work offline which waze requires a constant data signal.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

darkstar2007 said:
Waze is a great app and I use it myself, but the OP wants a gps app that'll work offline which waze requires a constant data signal.

Ware also tells you where the police are.hahaha

darkstar2007 said:
Lol so does trapster! They both work pretty well!

I forgot about trapster. Thanks for the remind...navigon is good for offline mapping but it's expensive and uses a little bit more than a gig

iCrank said:
I forgot about trapster. Thanks for the remind...navigon is good for offline mapping but it's expensive and uses a little bit more than a gig

Yeah it's a long download, but most offline gps apps are! I wish an online gps app would have an offline downloading feature. You know for a just in case situation lol. They may have something like that and I just don't know

darkstar2007 said:
Yeah it's a long download, but most offline gps apps are! I wish an online gps app would have an offline downloading feature. You know for a just in case situation lol. They may have something like that and I just don't know

I agree