What's new

GPS Navigation App. Suggestions

mrsr71

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a former Droid user which included Google Maps. The navigation portion worked flawlessly and I really miss it.

Now I'm looking for the best GPS navigation app. for the iPhone 4S. (Must have voice)

I was looking at the Garmin North America.

I would appreciate any suggestions and/or comments from the forum members as to which app. they prefer for navigation.

Thanks...

Last edited:
mrsr71 said:
Hello,

I'm a former Droid user which included Google Maps. The navigation portion worked flawlessly and I really miss it.

Now I'm looking for the best GPS navigation app. for the iPhone 4S. (Must have voice)

I was looking at the Garmin North America.

I would appreciate any suggestions and/or comments from the forum members as to which app. they prefer for navigation.

Thanks...

I use a Tom Tom or a navigon system

I own a whole bunch but mostly use TomTom with Navigon being my second choice.

I had both navigon and tom tom and navigon is deffenetly on the money all the time as to where tom tom would wander. tried them on the same routes and as far as the areas that i tried (tri-state) navigon was better, GL

Scorpio1 said:
I had both navigon and tom tom and navigon is deffenetly on the money all the time as to where tom tom would wander. tried them on the same routes and as far as the areas that i tried (tri-state) navigon was better, GL

I use TomTom Greece and it has been STELLAR so far

....give WAZE a try.. It's the best out there...and it's free!!!!!! Been using it for a while and it's fantastic..

Thanks for all of the feedback.

Many use Tom Tom and after reading the poor reviews on iTunes, it doesn't look like I'll be heading in that direction. Not too many happy customers.

I've used Garmin products in the past so I'll give one of 'em a try.

Thanks again...:)

...as an advice..and as I've been using it for about 4 months now...and also cause its free ...WAZE is fantastic...only thing is a permanent connection, wifi or 3G....as a paid version.. And as I ve used it before TOM TOM is brilliant !!!!!

Another vote for WAZE... it works great as long as the "prefer goodie munching" option is set to off. And, of course, it's free. the only downfall I can find with it is it won't play through the car speakers when hooked up to my Belkin FM transmitter. Not a big deal though...