What's new

GPS Navigation App. Suggestions

if i connect my iphone 4 and connect it up to my fm transmitter can i play music and use my tom-tom at the same time..will the music stop when voice directions are on..when the sound play through my speakers for directions

bmahony said:
if i connect my iphone 4 and connect it up to my fm transmitter can i play music and use my tom-tom at the same time..will the music stop when voice directions are on..when the sound play through my speakers for directions

With Tom Tom yes you can. It has the music controls integrated into the system. Works great with all my experiences. I have had it since it first came out a few years ago

The interaction in WAZE makes it a very good TRAFFIC HELPER...!!!

This may be a couple of weeks too late, but I'll put in a vote for MotionX GPS Drive. I've tried several GPS apps including Waze, Mapquest, Telenav, Google Navigation (on Android), and I absolutely love MotionX. The app shaved two miles and 5 minutes off my normal morning commute by showing me a route that none of the others had suggested. It has live traffic updates, a stunning interface, realistic voice navigation, automatic rerouting, and a very affordable price - on sale right now for $9.99 a year (normally $24.99/year). Another great feature is you can download your trip maps before leaving in case you get to an area without a data connection. Fantastic app!

This may be a couple of weeks too late, but I'll put in a vote for MotionX GPS Drive. I've tried several GPS apps including Waze, Mapquest, Telenav, Google Navigation (on Android), and I absolutely love MotionX. The app shaved two miles and 5 minutes off my normal morning commute by showing me a route that none of the others had suggested. It has live traffic updates, a stunning interface, realistic voice navigation, automatic rerouting, and a very affordable price - on sale right now for $9.99 a year (normally $24.99/year). Another great feature is you can download your trip maps before leaving in case you get to an area without a data connection. Fantastic app!

Downloaded and installed - thanks much :)

I see that the last post on this subject was written in January, but I will still leave my suggestion.
I use Mireo Don't Panic navigation and I am completely amazed by it. The app is simple to use, and I can find anything on one search page without being asked numerous questions. I had TomTom app and I was annoyed that I had to spend so much time entering the info step by step.
In Mireo Don't Panic I only have to write down what I know and my little helper thinks the rest for me. I have tried a number of navigation devices before, and this one calculates routes faster than any other navigation device.

What made me even more happy is that it is cheaper than other brands of navigation apps and it is an on-board app. I need this because I travel sometimes to Europe and other parts of the world, so I am all for avoiding roaming or any other undesirable charges.

Mireo DON'T PANICK ROCKS!!!