What's new

Gmail account not working with iO6 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

daumayo

Reaction score
I upgraded to iO6 last week and immediately was unable to get into gmail. I have other mail accounts on my iPhone that work fine. I tried deleting the account and putting it back in and get an error message that the user name and password are incorrect - which they are not. I have done this several times over the last few days to no avail. I even followed the instruction from another thread to reinstall the previous iO version and it says that action is not available for this device. I am really frustrated and don't know what else to try. Any ideas?

I did search and couldn't find any more than I mentioned above. Perhaps I am not searching correctly.

jlpirozzi said:
Do you think Gmail doesn't work because of the problems with google and apple?

I have had no problem with my gmail since upgrading to 6 last week.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

So obviously if some people have had no problem with gmail after the upgrade and some have, feedback that merelystates you've had no problem is not a possible solution or suggestion to help. I thought maybe if I asked about my
problem there might be useful feedback about what I could do to try to solve it. I would appreciate some constructive feedback. In the meantime, I just downloaded a gmail app instead. I would rather have all my mail accessible in one place as in the past, but at least it's a work around. Still bothers me that nothing I have tried has solved the problem.

daumayo said:
So obviously if some people have had no problem with gmail after the upgrade and some have, feedback that merelystates you've had no problem is not a possible solution or suggestion to help. I thought maybe if I asked about my
problem there might be useful feedback about what I could do to try to solve it. I would appreciate some constructive feedback. In the meantime, I just downloaded a gmail app instead. I would rather have all my mail accessible in one place as in the past, but at least it's a work around. Still bothers me that nothing I have tried has solved the problem.

Reeeer. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Status
Not open for further replies.