What's new

Problem on setup email account

satimis

Reaction score
Hi folks,

For unknown cause I can't get yahoo mails for a week. It has been working fine before without problem. I can't login always complaining username/password incorrect. However the same username and password work on PC without problem.

I deleted the account and tried re-set up it without success, same complaint. I tried to setup gmail account also encountering the same problem.

I deleted the cookies on settings. It doesn't help.

Please help. TIA

B.R.
satimis

I did have this issue with setting up exchange mails and using numbuzz, it alway say incorrect user mail or password, but after i septup a vpn and activate the vpn, everything work just fine. I can't really say that vpn will help your issue but i'm in China where a lot of things and websites are blocked and so whenever i'm facing any troubles getting connected to whatever i will quickly activate my vpn and voila.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did have this issue with setting up exchange mails and using numbuzz, it alway say incorrect user mail or password, but after i septup a vpn and activate the vpn, everything work just fine. I can't really say that vpn will help your issue but i'm in China where a lot of things and websites are blocked and so whenever i'm facing any troubles getting connected to whatever i will quickly activate my vpn and voila.

Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

Where to enable vpn on IPhone?

Suspected cause:-
=============
On PC
login=username (without @yahoo.com/gmail.com)

But there is no box to insert login name/username on IPhone

However I can't resolve my IPhone has been working for more than 1 year without problem. It just happen unable to get webmail.

B.R.
satimis

This is what you are suppose to see to set up your gmail account.
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1303969572.897494.jpg

Just input needed information and click next.

Last edited:
This is what you are suppose to see to set up your gmail account.
View attachment 959

Just input needed information and click next.

Yes. I did it many times to setup yahoo mail and gmail without success. I deleted the cookies as well.

I didn't know WHY? Nor I found the cause. I have been googling a while. Some folks also suffered similar problem.

My IPhone is working without other problem discovered. I can't understand why I can't login yahoo mail and gmail.

Edit:

Just set up hotmail account. It worked without problem. Now I can read emails on hotmail. Still have problem on setup yahoo mail and gmail. Just tried them

Hotmail:
inbox and trash only other boxes disappeared. Email without reply function

satimis

Last edited:
Maybe it's just an issue with gmail server. Giving in some time and try again later to see how it goes.

Maybe it's just an issue with gmail server. Giving in some time and try again later to see how it goes.

I doubt whether there is something wrong on the IPhone setting. But I haven't touched anything on the setting before login problem started. I'm now charging the battery. After finish I'll reset factory default setting to see what will happen.

About 3 months ago my IPhone couldn't be started. I reset factory default setting by pressing the switch on top and bottom simultaneously. Then IPhone started again.

satimis

Hi folks,

Re-set IPhone to factory default settings doesn't fix my problem. I can't login Gmail nor Yahoo Mail. I can login google.com and read mails on Gmail. But with the same username and password on "-> Setting" I can't login Gmail. Finally I found a work around on Yahoo mail.

Steps performed:
- Visit yahoo.com
- login with username and password (which don't work on "-> Setting")
- change password
- logout and re-login with new password
- Yahoo requested me to accept a certificate. I accepted it.
- go to "Mail". Then I can read mails on Yahoo Mail

-> Setting:
Edit password with the new password. Then I can login Yahoo Mail.

Now I can login Yahoo Mail reading emails. All boxes, inbox draft, sent, trash etc. are there.

However the same trick didn't work on Gmail. Still I can't login Gmail. But I can login Google with the new password and read Gmail there.

I think there is something (e.g. settings) on IPhone 3GS don't catch up the latest development on Yahoo Mail and Gmail which prevents me login their webmail accounts.

B.R.
satimis

Last edited:
Yes i also think that it's a trouble with the mails server, not with the phone, or the phone iOS need to get some updates or the mails servers need to update for your version of iOS. I do get that error from time to time eventhough i'm on the latest firmware, but here my VPN solving that wrong username or password issue fast and clean.