What's new

Lost Gmail Account in Mail

NoBite

Reaction score
I have three mail accounts: a local POP account, an Apple cloud account and a Gmail account. All three are, naturally, nested in my Mail app on my iPhone 4S, iPad2 and iMac (running Mountain Lion).

Yesterday evening as I was checking mail messages I noticed my Gmail account had disappeared from The Mail app on my iPhone! In Settings, the account was still listed, password and all. But, no inbox, no nothing in the Mail app.

Checked with my iPad and iMac and both remained unchanged, Gmail was where I would expect it to be. On the phone I tried deleting the account and reinstalling, but it would not recognize my password. I went through the steps to change the password and still it would not install! So, I downloaded the GMail app. That gets me by, but what the heck just happened? Anyone else experience this?

I am running IOS7 on the iPhone and iPad.

Sent using Tapatalk HD

I believe Google has changed all of their different accounts and they don't offer Gmail in the mail account of the iphone anymore, IIRC. I think you have to use the app now.

That has been my experience. I downloaded a third party app so I could have all my mail in in one place.

I believe Google has changed all of their different accounts and they don't offer Gmail in the mail account of the iphone anymore, IIRC. I think you have to use the app now.
I'm on the latest version of iOS7 and have the Google option in the mail accounts setup. When you start the process it says Gmail. I also have a Gmail account set up that way.

Okay this is just crazy!! Tonight my iPad lost my POP home email account. Xxxxxxx. s going on?

No implied language allowed thank you Admin

BTW, thank you for the replies regarding Gmail. That makes sense.

Would that be why when I set up my Gmail account on my iPhone 4s any new emails can not be retrieved? The email address are correct because the account is verified. Nut when checking for new emails there is a screen reading that is like the user name or password is incorrect.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

That is exactly what I experienced when I tried to re-establish the gmail account within the Mail program.

That is exactly what I experienced when I tried to re-establish the gmail account within the Mail program.

That is strange. Works fine on my iPad of ourse the first generation iPad can only updatetito 5.1.1.

Which right now I am happy about because I. Can check my email with out any problems.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Thank you for that link. Perhaps I got such a message from Google last year. Don't recall it. I appreciate the feedback!

You're welcome. I don't remember getting the email either. I recalled seeing this thread lately and knew there was something up with new changes. I don't use my gmail account very often, so I haven't updated it.

Do a google search for gmail password lockout captcha. There is a glitch that locks you out of gmail and you have to resign with captcha. I believe it has to be done online and not on your phone.

Do a google search for gmail password lockout captcha. There is a glitch that locks you out of gmail and you have to resign with captcha. I believe it has to be done online and not on your phone.

Thank you I will do that. Will let you know what happens.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1