What's new

Gevey SIM not working with redsn0w?!

dlo

Reaction score
Hi all!

I wanted to see if anyone was having this issue or if I was the only one. I recently gave into jail reaching my iPhone 4 simply because I wanted to be able to activate my FaceTime. I read that if you were using Gevey SIM you would need to download an app call MiTime or something like that in order to get it working!

I did everything that was asked of me to do, but I couldn't unlock my phone. I have spent nearly two hours on my phone and tried everything from the past I did before to get the Gevey SIM to unlock my iPhone 4! I at this point don't even care about the Jailbreak and I do have FaceTime on my iPad.

So here is my dilemma. Should I factory restore the iPhone 4 and upgrade to 4.3.5? At this point I don't see a harm in doing so since regardless both jailbreaks are going to be tethered. I'm thinking of this solution because Cydia is pretty much useless to me at this point. I'm also doing this method because I have a feeling Cydia and the jailbreak have something to do with Gevey SIM not working...

Any advice would be great as I have tried to jailbreak my phone and unlock it for nearly two hours now and I feel dumb for not being able to do what I want it to be able to do....

Any advice is greatly appreciated at this point...

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32 GB WiFi from iPF

dlo said:
Hi all!

I wanted to see if anyone was having this issue or if I was the only one. I recently gave into jail reaching my iPhone 4 simply because I wanted to be able to activate my FaceTime. I read that if you were using Gevey SIM you would need to download an app call MiTime or something like that in order to get it working!

I did everything that was asked of me to do, but I couldn't unlock my phone. I have spent nearly two hours on my phone and tried everything from the past I did before to get the Gevey SIM to unlock my iPhone 4! I at this point don't even care about the Jailbreak and I do have FaceTime on my iPad.

So here is my dilemma. Should I factory restore the iPhone 4 and upgrade to 4.3.5? At this point I don't see a harm in doing so since regardless both jailbreaks are going to be tethered. I'm thinking of this solution because Cydia is pretty much useless to me at this point. I'm also doing this method because I have a feeling Cydia and the jailbreak have something to do with Gevey SIM not working...

Any advice would be great as I have tried to jailbreak my phone and unlock it for nearly two hours now and I feel dumb for not being able to do what I want it to be able to do....

Any advice is greatly appreciated at this point...

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32 GB WiFi from iPF

Got the unlock to work again....now my question remains if I should bother with Cydia or wait till iOS 5 comes out and then pray that there is an untethered JB!?

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF.net