What's new

General discussion on installing themes and encountered issues

Hello first thanks for using ARC'd and 2nd are you able to ZIP me up the theme with the new file names?

Unable to jailbreak at the minute as i have no internet access.

Would be a great help.

Liam Kenyon

You cannot do anything like this until the device is jailbroken.

I suggest you get somewhere with a computer that is connected to wifi, download redsn0w and jailbreak first and foremost.

If you have an iPhone 4 then be sure to use the DFU jailbreak method.

If you have a 4S then you should really restore the device "NOT from a backup" and then jailbreak..as the iPhone 4S requires the backup/restore jailbreak method, which is not wise perform on the device when there is a lot of data on it.

You cannot do anything like this until the device is jailbroken.

I suggest you get somewhere with a computer that is connected to wifi, download redsn0w and jailbreak first and foremost.

If you have an iPhone 4 then be sure to use the DFU jailbreak method.

If you have a 4S then you should really restore the device "NOT from a backup" and then jailbreak..as the iPhone 4S requires the backup/restore jailbreak method, which is not wise perform on the device when there is a lot of data on it.

Thanks for the reply, but yes i already knew this.

<links removed>

Edit: didn't think it was advertising. Any need to remove the rest of the message?

Last edited:
Hi. I'm a newbie on here. I am having a problem with a theme on my iPhone 4s (ver. 5.1.1) (jailbroken)

I installed a theme called - "LS MistView" from Cydia. I enabled it from Winterboard. I respring my iPhone. And, before the screen loads - this snowy white screen comes on. I have NO idea how to get rid of this snowy white screen as it really is a pain to see *everytime* I reboot. :(

Please .. if anyone could help me .. it would be greatly appreciated. :(

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi. I'm a newbie on here. I am having a problem with a theme on my iPhone 4s (ver. 5.1.1) (jailbroken)

I installed a theme called - "LS MistView" from Cydia. I enabled it from Winterboard. I respring my iPhone. And, before the screen loads - this snowy white screen comes on. I have NO idea how to get rid of this snowy white screen as it really is a pain to see *everytime* I reboot. :(

Please .. if anyone could help me .. it would be greatly appreciated. :(

Thanks.

I believe what you are attempting to install is a lock screen and not a complete theme. Typically, I keep my lock screen as the first item in Winterboard then uncheck the previous lock screen.

I believe what you are attempting to install is a lock screen and not a complete theme. Typically, I keep my lock screen as the first item in Winterboard then uncheck the previous lock screen.

:( I moved the lockscreen to the top of my list in Winterboard (see photo)
$IMG_0003.jpg

This is the screen that happens after I respring:
$IMG_0001.jpg
and, once *that* finishes doing whatever it does :( the screen that I want shows up....
$IMG_0002.jpg

I am wondering if there is a way that I can bypass that horrible screen (in the middle) and just go to the screen that I want right away after I respring. :( This has been frustrating me out/stressing me out for *2* days now. :(

Thanks for trying to help ... it's appreciated.

Sorry, I misunderstood your issue. I have the same blurry screen whenever I respiring. My sense is this is what occurs when one is jail broken and the theme or lock screen is overlaying iOS.

Sorry, I misunderstood your issue. I have the same blurry screen whenever I respiring. My sense is this is what occurs when one is jail broken and the theme or lock screen is overlaying iOS.

Oh, okay thanks! I have been watching Youtube videos and no one else seems to have that problem when *they* respring. So, I thought it was just me. But it's good to know that I'm not the only one that is happening to. :)

Conibear said:
Oh, okay thanks! I have been watching Youtube videos and no one else seems to have that problem when *they* respring. So, I thought it was just me. But it's good to know that I'm not the only one that is happening to. :)

Just happens sometime. To some people more then others.

I'll join in to tell you that I get this flashy garbled mess when I respring, also. I've notices that it happens if I have a lockscreen tweak loaded (and activated) with Winterboard.

I think it's just going to happen while the phone loads the lockscreen images. Nothing we can do if we want to keep the theme on the lockscreen.

So, this post is just reassurance - its not just you! :D

Marilyn

So I just jailbroke my 3GS tonight, first time messing with an iPhone.
I saw some of the screens here and am just blown away!!! I set up custom stuff like that for my desktop, but I am beyond lost on how to do it for my iPhone.
I started by downloading Winter and Dream board.

Cydia isn't much help. There are like 10 themes I can find on there and they are less than impressive, not to mention I'm running 5.1.1 sooo half the icons stay normal, half of them change.
Where do you guys find some of these mind-blowing themes?! How do you set up the clocks and stuff like in the post above?? Change the bars, etc?

My lock screen doesn't even say "Slide to unlock" anymore. Not that I want it to, just curious as to what is going on and how I actually make something look respectable :)

Are there any beginner tutorials? I looked around a bit before asking but I didn't see anything. Most people said they used ___ theme or ____ widget and I can't even find that stuff in Cydia!

There are no tutorials, it's all trial and error. Download iFile and you will have a doorway to customizing your theme. Most themes are located in var/stash/themes/xxxxx. There you can open it and explore the file and start to add your own. But remeber if you add your own things it needs to be renamed back to the exact thing you are replacing.

Google iFile or OpenSHH, iFunBox, and learn about them.

stupid question and i'll proly regret asking this. I have a iphone 5. I want some of these themes. How do I get them? any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Dan.

stupid question and i'll proly regret asking this. I have a iphone 5. I want some of these themes. How do I get them? any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Dan.

As of now, you can't get them yet because themes either use Dreamboard or Winterboard, both of which requires a jailbreak. The i5 does not have a jailbreak yet so unfortunately you can't get them just yet.

Well this just sucks butt!!!! Any cool themes I could download in the app store?