What's new

General discussion on installing themes and encountered issues

How do I install a theme i have found on the internet?

Place it into your var/stash/Themes folder on your phone (make sure it's titled with .theme at the end). Go to Winterboard, put a check mark next to your new theme and respring. Done.

Marilyn

I am thinking about jailbreaking my Iphone 4s running IOS 5.1.1 for the first time, I have a question about themes. are themes and widgets 2 different things? can you download and install a theme then select a widget to add to the theme or is the another process that needs to be done?

Yes you can. A widget can be activated in WinterBoard like the theme you have downloaded. Also there is a app called PerpageHTML+ that allows you to have widgets instead of WinterBoard.

Also the new iWidgets is cool as well.

Thanks I will try those once I have jailbroken my phone

Place it into your var/stash/Themes folder on your phone (make sure it's titled with .theme at the end). Go to Winterboard, put a check mark next to your new theme and respring. Done.

Marilyn

Question for you.......so if I find a theme that has several components to it on the internet. (i.e. SeVen HD has part of his theme in cydia and then what I would call "add ons" are on modmyi) I download the main part of the theme in cydia then should I go to the site where the other parts are (ie modmyi) from my phone and download the "add ons" directly to my phone, use iFile and they should be in the downloads folder. Then move them to the var/stash/Themes folder and I should be able to then either use Winterboard or perpage + to apply all the parts right???

I'm using Se7en right now. All the addons are in Cydia. Go into sections/theme addons and scroll down to Se7en. You should see all the addons there.

And yes. If you see it online download the file and extract it. Using Open SHH and navigate to var/stash/themes. Drag the extracted file into that section. Open WinterBoard and check it. Respring should be there.

Hi...

I have been using ARC'd HD since jailbroken on 5.0.1. However, after JB on 5.1.1 some of my Icons do not change, as Photo, Mail, Video and Camera. Do you guys have seen this on other themes and do you have an idea on how to fix it?

Thanks

Hi...

I have been using ARC'd HD since jailbroken on 5.0.1. However, after JB on 5.1.1 some of my Icons do not change, as Photo, Mail, Video and Camera. Do you guys have seen this on other themes and do you have an idea on how to fix it?

Thanks

If a respring does not correct install TIM (ThemeIconMaker) free in Cydia an see if that will correct.

Thanks for the help. I used the ThemeIconMaker and fixed the theme, but not using the new icons that came with the theme. So I used iFile to look at the new created files and rename the correct ones with the new names created from the Icon Maker. Now all is as it is supposed to....

so here is my issue....I did jailbreak 5.1.1 and can't get ANY themes to work properly :( Any advice or how to search for compatible themes?

Thanks for the help. I used the ThemeIconMaker and fixed the theme, but not using the new icons that came with the theme. So I used iFile to look at the new created files and rename the correct ones with the new names created from the Icon Maker. Now all is as it is supposed to....

Hello first thanks for using ARC'd and 2nd are you able to ZIP me up the theme with the new file names?

Unable to jailbreak at the minute as i have no internet access.

Would be a great help.

Liam Kenyon