What's new

From Droid to iphone 4S

kamaaina1

Reaction score
Hi gang!
iphone newbie here.
Just moved over from Droid. I like the iphone, but I have my reservations. Maybe I'm just use to the Droid. At first glance, it seems like some of the basic programs & setting tools are lacking depth. Email, text, & clock/alarm programs seems kinda "blah". Oh well….
Thank you for your inputs!!

Last edited:
Welcome! There are a number of Android converts with us. Give the iPhone time. It is different but once you get the hang of iOS it is a dream, IMO. I've had rooted Android and now a jail broken 4S, which I just love.

I have 4 different email accounts feeding into the stock email app. Since you had an Android, I'm thinking you have Gmail. If so, set up your Gmail as an Exchange account (Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help)

I'm a Mac user so I have my iPhone configured to sync with my Gmail calendar and with iCal. I use Siri to create appointments and set alarms. Here is a link for Siri commands (List of Siri Commands).

Enjoy your time with us. I hope you grow the enjoy your 4S as much as I enjoy mine. If you have thoughts about jail breaking check our jail break section. There are some great tutorials.

Mike

I just came from a Droid X2 as of yesterday. I can tell you that coming to a smaller screen seemed a bit cramped at first but, I'm getting used to it. I work in IT and I can tell you that, so far, I'm digging my iPhone. You remember how you had a lot of widgets at your disposal when you had your Droid? Well, as you can see, there are none. That, in itself for me was the reason that it took me so long to come over to Apple. It will take some getting use to the iOS but, you'll be glad you did.

4 years Apple iPhone user!
Never want Anything less than Apple 😁

Sent from my iPhone 4s white 32gb

Thanks for the love folks. Great community here.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Welc:)me to you both..

I was BlackBerry - Android - iPhone.... the iPhone is a learning curve but once you get used to it, I bet you will love it! :)

Just be patient. By the way, glad you are here!

It funny how people have "evolved" from blackberry to android to iPhone lol. I've had all 3 myself. Hopefully, this will be my last stop. Being that I just this 4s, I'm dying to see what the 5 looks like instead of the leaked pics I've seen online.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

mwhartman said:
Welcome! There are a number of Android converts with us. Give the iPhone time. It is different but once you get the hang of iOS it is a dream, IMO. I've had rooted Android and now a jail broken 4S, which I just love.

I have 4 different email accounts feeding into the stock email app. Since you had an Android, I'm thinking you have Gmail. If so, set up your Gmail as an Exchange account (Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help)

I'm a Mac user so I have my iPhone configured to sync with my Gmail calendar and with iCal. I use Siri to create appointments and set alarms. Here is a link for Siri commands (List of Siri Commands).

Enjoy your time with us. I hope you grow the enjoy your 4S as much as I enjoy mine. If you have thoughts about jail breaking check our jail break section. There are some great tutorials.

Mike

Hey How do I jailbreak my 4s??

Haha. I also took the long road to iOS. My route; BB8830, BB Storm, OG Driod, Fascinate, Charge, Galaxy Nexus, Charge, iPhone 4s. My wife (a psycologist) says I have major phone issues. Lol. Any way, I think I'm going to stick around for a while and enjoy this device.

@nikemoore1987, go ahead & jailbreak using the links posted above. It was a lot easier jb'ing this device than any Android I've owned.

Haha. I also took the long road to iOS. My route; BB8830, BB Storm, OG Driod, Fascinate, Charge, Galaxy Nexus, Charge, iPhone 4s. My wife (a psycologist) says I have major phone issues. Lol. Any way, I think I'm going to stick around for a while and enjoy this device.

@nikemoore1987, go ahead & jailbreak using the links posted above. It was a lot easier jb'ing this device than any Android I've owned.

I agree! Jail breaking my 4 S was much easier and quicker than rooting my Androids.

Sorry but as a complete 4S noob, what is this "jail breaking" you are on about??