What's new

My eyes are opening-Droid to Iphone

Kbartley77

Reaction score
Hello all. Well after three years I might just be awakening. I started in the smartphone World with the Blackberry Pearl, then the Storm, HTC Incredible, EVO 3D, and now the HTC Rezound. I like the customization of the Droids, but they have so much bloatware and manufacturer's apps (HTC Sense), that you have to root them, and run a custom Rom to get the performance they should have.

And it's a weekly process updating to the current Rom, updating apps, just so your phone isn't lagging. I've always for some unknown reason been anti-apple. But why would I hate an American company, and support HTC, that I think is produced in China.

Long story short, I played around with a friend's 4s yesterday and was very impressed at the overall snapiness and fluidity of the OS. So now I can't wait to mid-September to use my wife's upgrade and get the Iphone 5. But it doesn't stop there, now Windows eight doesn't seem exciting anymore, and I caught myself looking at Mac Mini's last night (didn't even know they existed, and they're sexy), and last but not least an Ipad mini would compliment my upcoming Apple obsession.

I don't know where all this come from, but I think I might have caught Appleidis Macatrocious, and I'm scared of the debt to follow ;)

Have a great day everyone, and let me know how you think I'll like the transition form Droid/Google/Windows to the Mac world.

Hello all. Well after three years I might just be awakening. I started in the smartphone World with the Blackberry Pearl, then the Storm, HTC Incredible, EVO 3D, and now the HTC Rezound. I like the customization of the Droids, but they have so much bloatware and manufacturer's apps (HTC Sense), that you have to root them, and run a custom Rom to get the performance they should have.

And it's a weekly process updating to the current Rom, updating apps, just so your phone isn't lagging. I've always for some unknown reason been anti-apple. But why would I hate an American company, and support HTC, that I think is produced in China.

Long story short, I played around with a friend's 4s yesterday and was very impressed at the overall snapiness and fluidity of the OS. So now I can't wait to mid-September to use my wife's upgrade and get the Iphone 5. But it doesn't stop there, now Windows eight doesn't seem exciting anymore, and I caught myself looking at Mac Mini's last night (didn't even know they existed, and they're sexy), and last but not least an Ipad mini would compliment my upcoming Apple obsession.

I don't know where all this come from, but I think I might have caught Appleidis Macatrocious, and I'm scared of the debt to follow ;)

Have a great day everyone, and let me know how you think I'll like the transition form Droid/Google/Windows to the Mac world.
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

I'm considering the iPhone 5 for somewhat similar reasons. I just don't like the 3.5" screen and no T-Mobile 3G support. Hopefully the iPhone 5 fixes that.

On a side note, Apple is no more American than HTC. The phones from both companies are manufactured in forgign countries and use parts made in forgign countries.

Sent from my HTC One S

I'm a person who has come from the world of android as well and switched to iPhone. Best decision I ever made. I do not miss the laggy, fragmented, confusing android at all. Or the battery pulls, and the micro sd card suddenly erasing apps off the phone. Ugh. Make the switch and don't ever look back buddy. You'll thank me later

I just switched from the Evo 4g to the iPhone 4s. Best decision I made. Fast.. not a crash.... Great apps.. Etc. I jailbroke the phone and it's wonderful. On my android i would worry about battery life, slowness, and crashes and freauent random reboots. Not anymore. The battery lifers on the iPhone is much better. I was at 100% at 10am and at 4pm I was at 98% and that was with texting, email and facebook. On my Evo I would have been down to 60% or less. I also don't have to use anything like setcpu to adjust the processor to save battery life or flash a different kernel etc. no worrying...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

in all honesty all phones have bloatware even iphones. i still can't delete the damm newstand from my iphone even with JB.

in all honesty all phones have bloatware even iphones. i still can't delete the damm newstand from my iphone even with JB.

It's the amount though, my One S has at least 10 preloaded crapware apps.

Sent from my HTC One S

True. But I do think that's the only truly annoying "bloatware" iOS comes with. I can't even remember all of the crap that Samsung and Verizon loaded onto my Galaxy S.

It's the amount though, my One S has at least 10 preloaded crapware apps.

Sent from my HTC One S
true but atleast with android if you root you can get rid of every single one of thoes bloatware apps. unlike iphone were as even if you jailbreak your still not gonna be able to get rid of there bloatware. but to be honest i really don't think there is such a thing a bloatware. just because you may not use it, dosen't make it bloatware. cause trust me someone will want to use it.
True. But I do think that's the only truly annoying "bloatware" iOS comes with. I can't even remember all of the crap that Samsung and Verizon loaded onto my Galaxy S.
true but atleast with android if you root you can get rid of every single one of thoes bloatware apps. unlike iphone were as even if you jailbreak your still not gonna be able to get rid of there bloatware. game,set,match:)

PHONEGUY said:
true but atleast with android if you root you can get rid of every single one of thoes bloatware apps. unlike iphone were as even if you jailbreak your still not gonna be able to get rid of there bloatware. game,set,match:)

haha I didn't think we were competing

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

PHONEGUY said:

Thats because unlike android ios "bloatware" doesnt run in the background unless you open it.

Thats because unlike android ios "bloatware" doesnt run in the background unless you open it.

aawww you got me on that one dude, but then again nothing runs in the background in ios. because it doesn't do true multi-tasking. the apple OS hasn't gotten that adanced yet, maybe one day tho. until then you will just have to settle on a sub-par os.