What's new

Droid fan turned to 4S

iPhonenewb

Reaction score
As stated above, I have a droid for a long time. I finally got fed up with the slow response and just plain child like format. So I bought an iPhone 4S. Im here because I need help with it and getting it set the way I want. I hope to get lots of help from people here and maybe become a fan of my 4S.

Welcome to the darkside. Former android fanatic here as well. At first its a bit to get used to but I personally couldnt be happier in the change.

First off what software version do you have? Hopefully its 5.0.1 so you can jailbreak.

Beyond that, what things do you need help with?

Im not really sure what software I have. Its brand new, just bought it yesterday. Well got it on my porch yesterday, ordered it on saturday.

Ok so on to my biggest pet peeve, I loved the swype text input on my droid. Is there a similar method for my 4S?

Also, what is this jailbreak I keep hearing about and will it affect any warrenties?

iPhonenewb said:
Im not really sure what software I have. Its brand new, just bought it yesterday. Well got it on my porch yesterday, ordered it on saturday.

Ok so on to my biggest pet peeve, I loved the swype text input on my droid. Is there a similar method for my 4S?

Also, what is this jailbreak I keep hearing about and will it affect any warrenties?

Also how do I turn off this Apple ID stuff where I have to put it in every time

I searched and see that the jailbreak will not really give me my desired swype input method. I guess Ill just have to use the preschool tap a letter, tap th enext letter, tap the next letter and so on method. Why would iPhone not have an easier way? I mean they are far superior to android right?

There is a swipe text method for iPhones but u have to jailbreak. I have it on mine and am using it right now but since your phone is new and the iOS is 5.1 there's no jailbreak available yet ( if ever ). Jailbreak doesn't void anything and if u don't like it or want to reset to original factory settings its reversible.

There is a swipe text method for iPhones but u have to jailbreak. I have it on mine and am using it right now but since your phone is new and the iOS is 5.1 there's no jailbreak available yet ( if ever ). Jailbreak doesn't void anything and if u don't like it or want to reset to original factory settings its reversible.
What's the name of this Swype method... I'd like to try it out.

I used that swipe-type keyboard and IMO it's not nearly as polished as those for Android (I have a DroidX).
As with the swipe-type keyboard, you have to jailbreak to automate the app store signin by using PasswordPilot. The constant signin is a PITA.
Welcome, nonetheless.