What's new

Flash

@Unlished

I know there is Skyfire web browser which has flash.

But is there flash for Safari? What do I look for in Cydia or google?

I think unleashed is talking about frash,

Launch Cydia and tap the "Manage" button
Tap "Sources"
Tap the "Edit" button (top-right)
Tap "Add" (top-left)
In the pop-up box, type http:///repo.benm.at/
Tap "Add Source" to close the box
Tap the "Done" button (top-right)
Go to the "Search" section in Cydia and search for "Frash"
Install the app.
Done!

SBSettings users can also add the "Frash Toggle" to easily switch Frash on or off. (You'll want to keep it off for the most part because it can hog the battery).

Source How to Install Flash on your iPhone (The Easy Way)

Anyone know if there is any news on Frash? I just updated software from 4.1 to 4.3.3 and now I don't have frash/flash anymore.

TYIA

Is this a better app than downloading sky browser?

Frash is a tweak which allow safari brower to play flash videos. It's found in cydia, to be able to have cydia on your device, you will need to jailbreak it first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, my phone is jailbroken. Have you tried "Frash" yourself? How was the experience compared to other apps??

Frash is a tweak which allow safari brower to play flash videos. It's found in cydia, to be able to have cydia on your device, you will need to jailbreak it first.

Yes, my phone is jailbroken. Have you tried "Frash" yourself? How was the experience compared to other apps??

I'm on the latest iOS 4.3.3 and frash have no support for it at the moment. I hope that Saurik will look into this matter one day.

Thank you for responding to all my messages. :)

I'm on the latest iOS 4.3.3 and frash have no support for it at the moment. I hope that Saurik will look into this matter one day.

Hey Guys,

I just purchased my iPhone4 a few days ago, and forgive me for sounding irrational, but mine must have come with flash installed natively or something in my phone is coded incorrectly and it allows me to play flash content flawlessly and without a jailbreak.

Now, I realize that this has been a huge gripe for a lot of people, it has been an issue for me on the Ipad2 as well. However, would there be a way to grab a copy of my code and get it into the right hands so that it could be looked at and deciphered then copied and developed for Ipad2 and solve this issue once and for all?

I can play youtube videos in safari natively and can also play them in facebook as well without leaving safari. Does anyone know if this is normal for the newest phones? (I am not playing youtube videos using the youtube app on the Iphone4, I am using safari)

I was doing a search for flash assuming I needed it and tried playing a video just to check and almost fell over when it just started playing completely normal! I'm new to all of this so I'd like to get in touch with someone that can help me get them the information necessary. I just want to make sure this ability isn't lost if I upgrade firmware, I'm currently running 4.3.3 (8J2).

EDIT: Okay, so to update real quick...I tried clicking on the "Videos" link on a friends facebook page to look through all their videos and it sure enough gave me the pop up that I need flash player to access this content. So it seems this phone is working with something other than flash, but I haven't downloaded anything for it.

The main thing for me is that I can see videos on FB while I can't on my iPad2. So though it's frustrating that I can't view a friends "Videos" page on FB thorugh the "Videos" link I can view the videos if I scroll through a friends videos manually by going through their "older posts". (Oh and P.S. I'm not using the m.facebook.com or the facebook app I'm using full blown Facebook.com through safari)

Last edited:
You tube isnt flash. All iphones can play YouTube videos via safari. The phone will still open up the YouTube app to play them...

You tube isnt flash. All iphones can play YouTube videos via safari. The phone will still open up the YouTube app to play them...

Oh, okay...Maybe I'm way off base here, so I really do appreciate the clarification. ;0)

Last edited: