What's new

First look at a ios 5 un tethered jailbreak

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those of you waiting to upgrade to ios 5 because there is no jailbreak or on ios 5.XX but on a tethered or semi-tethered jailbreak, we have a bit of good news! Today a tweet by muscle nerd reveles a video by pod2g with a first look at a ipod touch on ios 5 being restarted as proof that an un tethered jailbreak exists and hopefully be released soon for public use.

MuscleNerd @MuscleNerd
congrats to @pod2g for furthering his 5.x untether ...you can even get a partial glimpse of him :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd hate to be pesimistic, but does the whole A4 chip and A5 chip make a difference in JailBreak? If so, us on the 4S will have some waiting to still do!!

illmatic636 said:
I'd hate to be pesimistic, but does the whole A4 chip and A5 chip make a difference in JailBreak? If so, us on the 4S will have some waiting to still do!!

True to some extend it's still. Pod2g said he will look into making a tool for a5 devices. But is thinking about if he should release a4 and a5 together or at different times.

Cause I'm on a iPhone 4 and I just feel like he should just release the jailbreak for the devices that he has jailbroken already and when he does the newer devices then release it for them

Cause I'm on a iPhone 4 and I just feel like he should just release the jailbreak for the devices that he has jailbroken already and when he does the newer devices then release it for them

the problem with that is that atm it most likely has 1000000 bugs, just like when some one leaked the jailbreakme.com exploit early and look what happened with that... trust me its better to wait and have little to no bugs rather then a very buggy jailbreak that every one will complain about

Understand, I just have been waiting a while for the untethered jailbreak for ios 5 to cum out, kinda anxious!!

Understand, I just have been waiting a while for the untethered jailbreak for ios 5 to cum out, kinda anxious!!

yea I know the feeling :) I upgraded to ios 5 beta and have been with out one since the first ios 5 beta as I refuse to install a semi tethered jailbreak or tethered

Hope it does come out soon...

Last edited by a moderator: