What's new

Untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4S to be out in no time

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cydia-jailbreak.png

When last week, an untethered jailbreak for all iOS 5.01. devices was unraveled except for the most important ones of the bunch – the iPhone 4S and the iPad 2, a lot of people were puzzled and wondered what was going on?

Apparently, just a little time lag. Hacker pod2g is all set to deliver the jailbreak that will land on Apple’s golden boy in just one week. The news couldn’t be more exciting for those wanting to set their iDevices free. It’s a good step for pod2g as well. He tweeted the following:

“I made a step today for the A5. With some luck we could expect a release in a week.”

Pod2g is pretty popular in the world of hacking and jailbreaking and previously released a bunch of popular jailbreak tools such as redsn0w, PwnageTool and Corona. The upcoming jailbreak for the iPhone 4 is expected to be untethered, which basically translates into devices being able to reboot freely without some additional software boot tethered to a computer.

At this point, users of A5-powered iPad 2 only have the option to resort to a tethered jailbreak solution. That means that willingly or unwillingly, users need to be near a computer to re-jailbreak every time a device is rebooted or the power runs out. An untethered jailbreak would fill in the void so users could gain a little more flexibility when jailbreaking.

Pod2g is not the only hacker in the business of trying to jailbreak the iPhone 4S. Just last week, another well known iPhone hacker called p0sixninja announced that users who wished to get their iPhone 4S and iPad 2 jailbroken would have to update them. This is proof that a jailbreak is on its way. No specific details are known, nevertheless.

"At this point, users of A5-powered iPad 2 only have the option to resort to a tethered jailbreak solution"

What??

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I think your a bit behind with this story, see the latest post on pod2g's blog (shown below)

$Capture.JPG

It seems to me that this will not be available in a week................but fingers crossed it might

Last edited:
Also refers to the iPhone 4s, then refers to upcoming jb for iPhone 4. Confused by this post

At this point, users of A5-powered iPad 2 only have the option to resort to a tethered jailbreak solution.

And exactly where would THAT jailbreak be located? I've looking daily and have not found ANY jailbreak for A5 devices anywhere.

If there is a public version- Do Tell!

Last edited:
This is good news... I've been longing for this for quite some time.... Hoorayy....

yes it does... every one coming together to try and hack the A5 devices

was it a strawberry ice cream? then yes I ate it :D

Hopefully we'll know soon enough.

If I get jailbroken just to find out that none of the Cydia apps I want will even work on my 4S, I'm going to place a personal curse on you Unleashed.

It will involve your eyebrows growing the rest of the way together in the middle and your ear hair getting long enough to braid. Just sayin!
:p

EvilNess. Maybe I am already that way lol jk

But I don't see there being many apps that are not compatible. We shall see.

What would be the reasons things like iconoclasm, folder enhancer, and things like that wouldn't work just because of it being a 4s?