What's new

find my iphone (mobile me)

kbgooner

Reaction score
Hi

I bought both my son and daughter an iphone 4 for Xmas and thought that the free "find my iphone" app on Mobile Me would be ideal as like any other teenagers, mine are prone to losing things.
My son who is 18 has absolutely no problem with us using this app but my daughter (16) seems to think that we will spend all of our time tracking where she is (as if I havent got better things to do).
As a result, every time she leaves he house she goes into the phone settings and turns it off.
Is there any way that the phone settings for mobile me can be locked to prevent the app from being deactivated or do I just need to use a big stick

Well there is no way for mobile me to prevent desactivation of the location services, i think the only one choice you are having here is the stick. Hu hu hu it hurts a looooot :) the poor girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you can put locks on the iphone so she cant turn it off and will need a password to do so and only allow certain apps to be used on the phone including find my iphone that does not work when the phone is turned off.

thanks for the info....

If i put a lock on the phone to stop her turning it off, will she still be able to deactivate the mobile me connection?

And..... how do i put the lock on??? :confused:

thanks for the info....

If i put a lock on the phone to stop her turning it off, will she still be able to deactivate the mobile me connection?

And..... how do i put the lock on??? :confused:

go into settings > general > restrictions and turn them on.. under allow changes and you can chose what apps will work as well and stop her being able to install or delete apps..

also if you jailbreak the device you can hide the app so she will never even know its there.

Thanks very much for your help. Hopefully I will not have to resort to the stick after all.

I have seen the sections here about jailbreak but as yet have no idea of what it is. I'm off now to do a liitle reading up on your threads as i like the sound of it...:D

glad i could help. yeah jb does bring some advantages and if she cant even see the app she wont be able to disable it either or have any idea its there.. maybe eventually she would know if you kept saying to her i know where you where lol

but yeah.. read and check it out, good luck :)

Hoo i never knew that feature was there. My bad in my previous post. I'm happy the won't be anymore of stick :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As you bought it for her, tell her you will take it off her if she does turn it off. Or just give her a cheep phone until she sees sense.