What's new

find my iphone and mobile me?

TheBigGiantHead

Reaction score
Can someone explain this setup to me, the app is free and itunes prompted me today when i plugged in my phone i can get the app and a mobile me account or free (unless i misread it) but it looks like mobile me is just for a 60 day trial? im by no mean interested in paying any money for mobile me as it just doesnt suit my needs. Any one have any experience with this? if so, how does it work?

Any recommendations for alternate iphone location apps that work as well as "find my iphone"?

Nothing!? nobody knows anything about the "find my iphone" app and how it works with MobileMe?

I haven't really used it, but, I did tinker with it. I think you have to have the "mobile me" account so it can help locate your phone. I haven't really read into whether or not it'll cost to use the service after a set amount of time, though.

You can set up a free mobile me account and use the find my iPhone part of it for free. You need to have an iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 in order to get it for free. Then you can register it on other idevices. I've had it for aroun a month now and had no prompts about trials ending...

ok, went online and got it going. Very easy to use and is extremely useful, i really feel better about having that service activated!

If you have an iphone4 with the latest OS, there almost no reason why you shouldn't be running this! Very cool! Now i have the piece of mind of knowing if i lose my phone i can always log in and see exactly where it is as well as being able to lock it and wipe it! Bravo Apple, Bravo!

Remember it only works if you get a data signal. If someone finds your phone all they have to do is turn it off or take the sim out and mobile me will never find it...

Remember it only works if you get a data signal. If someone finds your phone all they have to do is turn it off or take the sim out and mobile me will never find it...

Still worth having considering its free and in the case that if someone is stupid enough to steal your phone they might be dumb enough to not remove the sim.

Not saying it's not worth having. I've got it. Lol.

Had my wife track me on the way back form work one night using the iPod touch. Dinner was just getting put out on my arrival home :D So well worth having. Lol...

ok, went online and got it going. Very easy to use and is extremely useful, i really feel better about having that service activated!

If you have an iphone4 with the latest OS, there almost no reason why you shouldn't be running this! Very cool! Now i have the piece of mind of knowing if i lose my phone i can always log in and see exactly where it is as well as being able to lock it and wipe it! Bravo Apple, Bravo!

can you tell me how to get this going? I used my apple ID to log into mobile me.... but thats all I have done... dont I need something on the computer so i could actually find my phone if I loose it?

Also, will I be charged to use this service?

You need to go to the mohilemme website and sign in. Or if you have another iPhone iPad or iPod touch you can download the free fond my iPhone app in the app store.

The service is free for users with an iPhone 4 running 4.2.1. Your network provider will charge for the use of data as usual...

You need to go to the mohilemme website and sign in. Or if you have another iPhone iPad or iPod touch you can download the free fond my iPhone app in the app store.

The service is free for users with an iPhone 4 running 4.2.1. Your network provider will charge for the use of data as usual...

Awesome Thanks!!! It totally worked!!!
What bugs me is you can lock it frm a distance but when its locked you can turn it off still.... not cool...

Your welcome,

It's more for not letting people into your phone if like me, you have a passcode...

Yes I have a passcode but only because my 3 year old can slide to unlock. She already called 911 on my blackberry.

its a very good apps... from my local news saying that there's a lady that her iphone got stolen... and she use this apps to locate her iphone and inform the police... and that thief was found by the police... can say its a must hav apps