What's new

Factory reset 3GS....Now won't power up....

emma1980

Reaction score
Hi there....

I hope I explain this problem correctly and I hope someone can help!

Yesterday I received my 4S to replace my 3GS....I cleared my contacts, messages, videos, pictures, apps and then my husband did a factory reset. The handset switched off and had plenty of battery power. The apple sign appeared on the screen and there was the loading circle on top of the apple and so I left it and assumed it would be sorted....

Came to it this morning and it seemed to of run out of battery so I popped it on charge only for it to boot up with the Apple screen for about 60 seconds and then the loading circle starts up but doesn't actually load, move or do anything....It stays static....

The phone has been on charge now for well over 10 hours, and whenever I pull the charger out all I get it the battery screen showing a small bar of red and the fact that it is prompting me to charge prompting me to think that the battery, for whatever reason, isn't charging....I've tried plugging it into my PC, restarting my PC and then seeing of my PC will recognise it....I've tried to sync it with iTunes but nothing seems to work...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about the cable, which one are you using? the original one which came with the device?

Try holding the home button then plug the iPhone into the computer or the mains. This helped me when my iPhone was randomly turning off