What's new

iphone 3gs dead help please

btwellz

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm having trouble with my daughters 3gs. The phone will not charge and thus will not turn on. I have trawled loads of posts regarding the issues and tried all the simple things. The phone is not recognized in itunes either. The last and final time the phone worked was when she used a battery charger with it one of these 2xAA battery charger and she said it came up this device is not supported by this , or words to that effect. Since then nothing could that be a coincidence?

List of things tried

Reset with and without power
Docking station
Wall charger
Charging from PC

I have replaced the docking port inside the phone and still no joy!! I can see no visible damage or any suspect water residue.

What my next moves guys?

Any specific help would be great

Thanks

BT

Give it time, you just posted this! There are lots of forum members from all around the world, you may not even get an answer today. It is against forum rules to bump a thread time and time again, so just keep checking in. Hopefully someone can help you out.

It may not work, but one thing you can try while it's plugged in (using an Apple certified cord)....hold the power button and the home button down at the same time and see if the Apple logo comes up, then release. It may take 10 or more seconds.