What's new

Facebook keeps Closing! Annoying!

Tippin

Reaction score
So yeah.. FB seems to be the only app i have doing this.. It just closes out.

and sometimes it will scroll weird likes its frozen or something.. But still freezes.. i guess you could stay it stalls when scrolling a bit?

Im Jailbroken with Redsnow and im on verizon 4.2.8

I surely hope this has nothing to do with being JB cuz im about tired of restoring my phone.. =/ But it never did this when i had green poison on 4.2.6

This is Annoying! so if anyone has had this happen before let me know a solution please =]

Ive tried deleting and restalling the app and it still does it.. turned off the device.. then back on. closed out the app.. deleted the app and then resync to phone and still it does it.

You probably have another app conflicting with the FB app. Try to remove any app that you installed just before or after installing FB. And/or, Have you tried a reset. Close all apps then - Hold down the HOME, bottom button, and the SLEEP, top button, for about 10 seconds until the Apple icon appears, then release buttons. Allow it to reboot, it may take a few minutes, don't panic like I did, wait for it to reboot. Cures many weird problems on iOS devices.

That still didn't work.. I did the hard reset and tired still didn't work.

I then deleted the FB app, hard reset and the waited for reboot, then turned off.. turned back on and hard reset again.. then i re-downloaded the FB app from the app store..

and it STILL isn't working properly.. what gives?

It's the Facebook app. It's rubbish.

Closing it from your multitasking bar usually gets it to work again for a little while...

Even right after the hard reset the FB app still freezing? Go to the app store and report the issue. FB will provide an update to fix that issue.

Rebooting doesn't close it from your multitasking bar. The app will still be in a 'paused' state. Always best to close it first then reboot if your still experiencing problems...

Rebooting doesn't close it from your multitasking bar. The app will still be in a 'paused' state. Always best to close it first then reboot if your still experiencing problems...

Yeah i completely closed it before i rebooted and it still closes out.

And i know FB ususally has bad updates.. but my girls mom has the latest FB update as well and her FB never closes out..

Well it Seems that the latest update for FB was just trash.. i used got an older version of facebook (about two builds before the latest version) and that works great so far.

SO ill just keep that for awhile.. wont even bother updating now untill i know if its a crap update or not.

thanks ppls.

On my iphone 4s, all my apps were working, except facebook. It would open for a second and then close on it's own.

I tried re-installing the app on my pc and phone, but the same thing would happen.

Under General Settings, Network, I left the Cellular Data On and turned Wi-Fi Off. Now facebook works just fine for me.