What's new

Buggy iPhone4

Yankease

Reaction score
I have had my Verizon iPhone4 for under a week and have already encountered some ish. First, out of nowhere I was unable to delete text messages entirely. Within the message itself I can delete the individual posts but cannot delete as a whole, so the recipient name is still in the overview. Basically, when I press the button to delete the thread, the Delete button flashes but then disappears immediately. So that was a mild concern. Then, with well over 50% battery life remaining last night, I wake up this morning to a completely drained phone. Now, when I had a Blackberry and a Droid, I know you have to either close out your apps running else the battery drains or, much more conveniently, dl the Task Killer app. Is there something similar to this for the iPhone? After reading through some of these related forum posts, I have decided to back up and restore. I hope that does the trick but if any of you have any experience or intel I'm all eyes. So weird that theres a problem this early. I've never had problem 1 with any Apple product before this.

1-Next time you will face some minor troubles with your phone, off and then restart your phone, if that doesn't help, then soft reset it by pushing down both power and home buttons untill the device off and then on with apple's logo, then you release all the buttons.
2-To kill stand by apps in your phone, double clic the home button, this will reveal the multitaskbar, tap and hold any present app icon you will see in the multitaskbar, the you will see the icons start wiggling with minus sign on top left of all apps icons present there, just tap that minus sign to close them completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, I did close out the other apps, which was basically every app on my phone haha. So I'm sure that was part of it. Thanks for the input, I will try that.

Apps running in the multitasking bar don't use up battery unless they are still somehow connecting to the internet or gps, although they shouldn't do that...