What's new

Email Push non functional in iOS 5

DaveM said:
I'd expect some 3rd party problems, but you'd think that push from Apple's own iCloud would be working.

I agree, it would be understandable if the 3rd party providers needed time to update their servers to support iOS 5. However apple's iCloud email should work out of the box.

Yeah my yahoo account want update emails past sept 19 for some reason.

I've deleted all my accounts and set them back up again and still no joy so I guess I'll be looking forward to ios 5.1 to sort this out :(

Yeah my yahoo account want update emails past sept 19 for some reason.

Same here. My last Yahoo email shows as 19 Sept but my Mobile Me wont push either. That one shows 4 Oct as my last mail. Anyone know how to fix this very annoying problem?

iCrank said:
Well iCloud won't push. That's just on your phone for iCloud, You have to go to http://www.icloud.com to check your me.account.

After I set up my iCloud email on iPod touch I used another email account I have on my computer to send test emails to my iCloud account. I did this about a dozen times and each time within seconds of sending the test email I got notification on my iPod that I had new email.

So I just changed "show recent messages" from 200 (which I had before the update) to 50...And voila, it worked. I have all of my recent yahoo messages and I can send emails from the account. Hope this works for you guys as well.

I've got push working on a Gmail account setup as Microsoft Exchange.

Today my iCloud email has started pushing messages. I received 6 in 3 minutes about 15 minutes ago.

Yea!!! My email finally works and on top of that there getting pushed tp my phone.

Blurayfan said:
Today my iCloud email has started pushing messages. I received 6 in 3 minutes about 15 minutes ago.

Well it was pushing this morning but now it's not. I can get it to work for awhile by rebooting my phone, however after reading the pushed message(s) and closing the Mail app push won't work without a reboot.

Well it was pushing this morning but now it's not. I can get it to work for awhile by rebooting my phone, however after reading the pushed message(s) and closing the Mail app push won't work without a reboot.

I went through this routine last night and that was exactly my experience.

Blurayfan said:
I really hope apple can correct this issue when 5.0.1 is released.

I just downloaded and installed 5.0.1 Beta 2 and the email push issue appears to been resolved.

NewdestinyX said:
If you're not particularly comfortable answering this question I would understand. But can pretty much anyone become a developer simply by signing up at Apple - and then have access to these betas?

Yes anyone who forks over $99 dollars