What's new

Emials not being pushed after a few days?

Rocko

Reaction score
4S on Verizon. After a few days I notice my yahoo and Gmail emails are not being pushed. I have them set to push with fetch set to manual. If I go into my email app it will fetch them, but I would like them to be pushed. Restoring or deleting the account and re-adding it works temporarily. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Yes, push is on. Hard reset and double checked settings. Nothing happens unless I go into the mail app then it pulls the messages.

Both accounts are set to push in the first screen of mail settings and in the advanced section of the Fetch New Data screen of settings.

Last edited:
Did another restore as new phone. Set up all mail accounts. Went to home screen. Got one email-badge showed 1, tone sounded. Went and sent emails to the two accounts I have, wait 5 minutes, nothing. No badge notifications, tones, anything, go into the app itself and it will successfully retrieve the messages.

I'm having same problem. I have an iPhone 4 and just upgraded to ios 5. I have AT&T service and my yahoo email will not push. Tried every suggestion. If I turn phone off, and back on it will work a few times and then stop. Very frustrating. I think it has something to do with upgrade and Yahoo. Having problems with my calendar syncing also. Hope someone gets this fixed.

I saw in another thread someone running with the same issue had the problem fixed after installing 5.0.1. Not sure if it's coincidence or they actually addressed that flaw in the update.