What's new

Email Push non functional in iOS 5

Blurayfan

Reaction score
After upgrading to iOS 5 my emails are nolonger being pushed to my device. I need to manually open the email App to check for new messages.
Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

Do you have push enabled? I haven't had one issue with ios 5 since it first released last week.

Do you have push enabled? I haven't had one issue with ios 5 since it first released last week.
Yes push is enabled. I tried it with my pre-existing yahoo email and newly created iCloud email same thing no push.

Blurayfan said:
Yes push is enabled. I tried it with my pre-existing yahoo email and newly created iCloud email same thing no push.

Well iCloud won't push. That's just on your phone for iCloud, You have to go to http://www.icloud.com to check your me.account.

After upgrading to iOS 5 my emails are nolonger being pushed to my device. I need to manually open the email App to check for new messages.
Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

That happened to me too when I first started using the iOS5 beta. Turning my phone off and then back on fixed it for a while. Also, deleting your email account and re-adding it might help. After doing that a few times and as the beta's progressed I didn't have a problem any more. Mine is working fine now.

iCrank said:
Well iCloud won't push. That's just on your phone for iCloud, You have to go to http://www.icloud.com to check your me.account.

I have an authorized device running an earlier Beta that does receive push messages from both accounts.

Blurayfan said:
I have an authorized device running an earlier Beta that does receive push messages from both accounts.

Really...well I can't figure out how to do it.

I have changed my setting to Fetch every 15 minutes and both accounts do receive email it's just delayed. I guess Apple does have a bug in iOS 5 that prevents Push from working.

I have changed my setting to Fetch every 15 minutes and both accounts do receive email it's just delayed. I guess Apple does have a bug in iOS 5 that prevents Push from working.

Uses more battery, but I don't have a feel for how much more.

Blurayfan said:

Once I added my account I've been getting all of my emails.

This prompted me to go back and take another look at all of my settings. I sure can't figure it out. What's really bugging me is that it worked - once, just once. :(

DaveM said:
This prompted me to go back and take another look at all of my settings. I sure can't figure it out. What's really bugging me is that it worked - once, just once. :(

I just finished researching apple's support communities and many users are reporting issues receiving push emails from different providers that the posters say did work before upgrading to iOS 5.0.

I just finished researching apple's support communities and many users are reporting issues receiving push emails from different providers that the posters say did work before upgrading to iOS 5.0.

I'd expect some 3rd party problems, but you'd think that push from Apple's own iCloud would be working.