What's new

Unable to activate phone afer upgrading iPhone 3GS to iOS 5

AnandReddy

Reaction score
Hi,

I had unlocked my iPhone 3GS by upgrading to BB 6.15.0. I wanted to upgrade to iOS 5 and for doing it, I got the phone unlocked officially by the carrier (O2 UK - they unlocked the phone and confirmed me via email). I had no way of checking whether it was really unlocked since my phone was unlocked. So being confident it was unlocked, i upgraded to iOS 5. Did not save SHSH blobs while doing so. Now I am unable to activate my iPhone on iOS 5 with any SIM - O2 SIM to which the phone was locked or AT&T (US) SIM with which I was using my phone before upgrading to iOS 5.

Is there a way to downgrade to iOS 4.3.x or activate it with either O2 or AT&T SIM? Right now, I am in the US.

My phone is just a brick now, i cannot use it for anything other than as a paper weight. Please help me.......

Thanks a lot,
Anand

luke1994

Reaction score
Hi mate in exactly the same situation as you please let me know on how u manage to get around it and i will do the same, thanks alot!! iv also heard theres some bypass things but none of them will work for me

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
just use a sim of o2 and it will activate but you wont be able to use an american sim until its officially unlocked