What's new

activate locked at&t iphone 4s on ios 5 with at&t go phone sim

jide4s

Reaction score
can i activate my at@t carrier locked iphone 4s with an at&t go phone micro sim? please answer quickly thank you

i am in the us and i wanted to know if my phone will work with the sim...like can i call and text and browse the web

jide4s said:
i am in the us and i wanted to know if my phone will work with the sim...like can i call and text and browse the web
Yes... however, AT&T will recognize that the Go Phone Sim is in an iPhone and automatically charge you for a data package. Which package & how much I'm not certain about though.

like a contract or just charge my minutes or dollars...for example if i have like 50 dollars on there they'll deduct a certain amount per kilobyte or will they upgrade me to a contract

jide4s said:
like a contract or just charge my minutes or dollars...for example if i have like 50 dollars on there they'll deduct a certain amount per kilobyte or will they upgrade me to a contract

They won't put you into a contract. Let's say fr example they automatically put you into the 3GB data bracket... they'll charge the $30 for 3GB to what you have on your Go acct.

AT&T Go cards will work... to a point.

First of all you do not tell AT&T you are getting the service for a iPhone.
Second get the $50 a month unlimited text talk and web, it's the best deal.
Third you will get a sim card you will have to trim down to fit your iPhone.
Fourth(and most important) INTERNET (3G) WILL NOT WORK!!! The network they use for the Go Phone system is not compatible with the iPhone. You will Be stuck useing wifi.

I had go phone service with the iPhone 4. Then I just got a contract with AT&T and got a 4S.

Check into AT&T Straight Talk. The internet is supposed to work there.

Just the facts.

Last edited:
will straight talk be able to activate the phone?

All you need to do is get the service. Simply putting the sim in the phone will activate it.

I heard they have a $45 a month unlimited everything.

Check this out. http://www.straighttalksim.com/shop.php

I hope posting this link is ok... if not I apologise.

Last edited: