What's new

Droid X vs Iphone 4s

bucknut

Reaction score
I have had my Droid X for a little over a year. I have always wanted an iphone but, due to Verizon waiting until late last year, I wasn't able to get the iphone 4. Now that I can upgrade (and did on Oct 7th!), I will be receiving my iphone4s anytime now. My question is...what will I see on this phone that is extremely better than my droid? Overall, i was pleased with the X but all the upgrades pushed out made it unstable. I will also miss the big 4.3" screen. Is that all I will miss with my new phone?

Input greatly appreciated!

i had a droid x as well, there is no comparison.

Screen size was an issue until you see how clear the iphone screen is. Battery life is 10000000 times better and the ios 5 is not comparable to honeycomb or what ever the latest version is for android.

You will not be disappointed!

bucknut said:
I have had my Droid X for a little over a year. I have always wanted an iphone but, due to Verizon waiting until late last year, I wasn't able to get the iphone 4. Now that I can upgrade (and did on Oct 7th!), I will be receiving my iphone4s anytime now. My question is...what will I see on this phone that is extremely better than my droid? Overall, i was pleased with the X but all the upgrades pushed out made it unstable. I will also miss the big 4.3" screen. Is that all I will miss with my new phone?

Input greatly appreciated!

I had a Droid X as well and thought that I would miss the bigger screen and I don't. I also don't miss all the issues it had. You will love the iPhone:)

iPhone qualities:
Faster processor
Dual-Core A5 Chip
Better Camera
More apps
ITunes
Better designed Phone
Better SoftWare
Siri

You wouldn't need to miss your 4'3 screen. As the iPhone 4S will be much better.
If the Droid X was supported with IOS 5 Beta you could have kept it and upgraded it into a IOS5 Beta but it isn't supported, and also. If it was you need to be a phone master, because the Beta is still partly faulty.
Laggy, Buggy, slow.

If your taking advice in from me the iPhone 4S is 10x better or even 100x better than the Droid X.

the screen size in most cases is irrelevant the resolution is what matters. The iphone has a smaller screen but has a higher reolution so you will actually see more on the screen and it will be more crisp and clear.

droid x = 480x854
iphone 4s =960x640

I had a bionic which was suppose to slay the iPhone 4 and guess what I'm back using my 4 because of apples attention to detail and there stability, battery life etc. Android phones are produced half done like, it's like you buy a kit phone you have to piece together. Apple gives you a out of the box clean fully functional phone

i had a droid x.. it was decent..
only thing i miss is the amazing google maps beta.
and when you zoom on the browser it fills page up

I will have my iPhone 4S tomorrow but I absolutely love my the 4.3" screen on my DX. That's one of the things I think the iPhone should have upgraded.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I also went from Droid X to Iphone 4S - compared X to fellow workers iphone4 the resolution was so much clearer and sharper im in the bifocal stages to and thought i would not like the smaller size but as stated the resoution is so much sharper personally I can read Iphone much easier first iphone first apple product looking forward to it

Im coming from a Droid Incredible and I was a hardcore Android nerd, and I am making the switch to the iPhone as well.
The UI seems to be more polished than Androids, and the hardware beats it by a mile. A few miles. The iPhone is solid. Its display is the brightest and best I have seen on any phone out there. You CAN read it in sunlight! When I walk outside, my screen is for the most part, unreadable. Also, to get any decent battery life or use out of your phone you must root and install a custom ROM. Constantly updating and waiting for fixes and releases is so annoying, Im ready for a stable phone.
I cannot wait until my 4S arrives! The switch is going to be great.

I like the battery life, and that apple actually supports their devices

I have also noticed with the iOS5 upgrade on my iphone 4, the battery life is even better. I listen to streaming overseas radio at night, very often the radio is left on and now I can see I have 67% of battery juice left after the radio was on all night last night.