What's new

Downgrading from 4.3.4 to 4.3.3

Where did you install iTunes to? Have you tried searching for it?

It's perhaps easier to do what bab suggested...

Where should the Itunes be saved to? For mine it's saved under: Program Files (x86) under Itunes folder?

This is very frustrating. I'm not sure why I can't downgrade. All it does is restore.

It's normally saved to the main hard drive (C). Did you manage to edit the hosts file...?

I made a new notepad named it host.txt saved it on my documents then copied it to etc folder... Inserted the apple entry like I was told

I don't understand why the hosts file isn't there I the first place. There must be something else going on.

When you reinstalled iTunes did you notice where you installed it to...?

I made a new notepad named it host.txt saved it on my documents then copied it to etc folder... Inserted the apple entry like I was told

That's not what my post told you to do. :(

It must be named "hosts" NOT "hosts.txt".

That's not what my post told you to do. :(

It must be named "hosts" NOT "hosts.txt".
I named it hosts, but it automatically makes it a hosts.txt

I'm gonna reinstall itunes again...but what's the point if it saves to drive c anyway

Does it have anything to do with my browsers? I use Google Chrome

I use safari for windows and have the hosts file.

You need to enable show file extensions form the control panel on your computer. I think it's under folder options. Then you can delete the .txt part of the hosts file...

|I got no idea what to do now. Should I update to 4.3.5 then try to downgrade it to 4.3.3 or below? Nothing is working for me at this point...

I did get close the error came up and I ignored it but then my iphone went out of recovery mode back to itself.

RadioNatin said:
Where should the Itunes be saved to? For mine it's saved under: Program Files (x86) under Itunes folder?

This is very frustrating. I'm not sure why I can't downgrade. All it does is restore.

Were your shsh blobs saved?
Yes...
and I get error 3194.

So since there is no other solutions, I guess I will try to downgrade it on another computer.

Thank you all for the help.