What's new

Plz help default my jailbroken

Toyoma

Reaction score
im new to homebrew of any kind. i recently hacked my psp i got at midnight launch, said what the hell ill do my old phone too since 5 is comin soon anyway. took some effort, cause i dont know what im doing per se. im good with electronics but not "hacking/modding/coding". my issue is the guy who helped me suggested i get 4.3.3. no prob there. well i get to jailbreakme and a newer version was out, so i downloaded it thinking no biggie. Turns out that 4.6 or w/e it is, is alpha stage and there isnt nearly ANYTHING compatible yet. SO today i went to

Downgrade 4.3.5 to 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.2, 4.3, on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, iPod touch [How To Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

followed it step by step. i ended up having to do the "TinyUmbrella " but "Exit Recovery". would NOT work. well once i launched Umbrella, things kinda bugged out error's all over etc. i reset, things are ok it recognizes my phone and allows me to "exit recovery". I get back into iTunes and i do the "shift+recover", im currently running "4.3.3 (8J2)" whatever OS that is. OK now to the nitty gritty. what i want to do, and apparently it didnt work cause i still have all the old cydia files/packages, is start from scratch at 4.3.3 THEN re-jailbreak. is this possible? when i shift+restore, in itunes and YES i have the proper 4.3.3 download, i get an error code and the instructions clearly say to shift+restore. i get the error yet it DID put me back on 4.3.3 still? now i could just go to 4.3.5, that would clean all the old cydia files off right BUT i dont wanna do a tethered boot. If anyone can help me wipe my current Cydia and ALL of it's associations, go back to Apple iOS 4.3.3 so i can start over again id REALLY appreciate it. thanks in advance

Update: the itunes code i get when i try to do the restore even IN dfu mode is "The Iphone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600). the "more info" button links me to

iOS: Resolving update and restore alert messages